I did some redecorating today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
For more than two decades on my office wall at home, the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights have hung proudly. I took them down today and carefully packed them away in the attic. Those documents used to mean a great deal to this country, but that time has passed. While they still mean a great deal to many people - myself included - they are no longer the Supreme Law of the Land. Instead, they're a tool used by a few evil people, to ignore or invoke, depending on circumstances.

Much more importantly, the vast majority of people are either too afraid, too ignorant, or too busy toeing the popular narrative to understand or do anything to prevent the tragedy of this loss.

For more than a century, our government and Federal Reserve have betrayed the idea of free-market capitalism by crushing the value of the currency we use. Politicians who care only about being re-elected have spent far more on "benefits" for their constituencies, military contractors, and other huge business than the Constitution, or common sense, allow. The ace up the sleeve had been the U.S. dollar being the world's reserve currency; that's the only way we have been able to keep the dollar in demand and thus worth anything. But that deal is crumbling. Iraq, Iran, Germany, France, Russia, China, Brazil, India - the list of countries no longer willing to play that game grows longer. Soon, the dollar won't be in demand. Our national debt is enormous and it is a debt we cannot pay off.

But rather than default, our bankers and other elites in government and big business have another plan: deliberately bring about economic collapse and blame it on this virus. They can't prevent the economic apocalypse, but they can deflect the blame.

We have seen censorship of views antithetical to the WHO, mainstream media, Dr. Fauci, and others. Youtube, google, twitter, facebook and other social media have launched an all-out campaign to silence voices.

In the United States. Think about that.

We have seen this with people clamoring for "climate change deniers" to be silenced and locked up.

In the United States. No discussion and no dissenting view is tolerated.

The concept of "settled science" is not scientific at all. Science seeks the truth, even if it turns conventional wisdom on its ear.

We have seen outrageous acts by state and local governments that infringe on our rights as free people. Businesses closed and business owners fined for opening up against the "rules" (not laws!). Moms arrested for bringing their children to the park. People forced to wear masks and practice "social distancing" which we knew early on would have no effect but which all were forced to participate in.

We have seen politicians make good use of this crisis by passing spending bills - but refusing to record a vote count - that were ostensibly to help the individual and small business. But instead, the bulk of the money went to very large businesses. The next "relief" bill promises to pay money to non-citizens and open the door to mail-in votes with no identity verification at all.

We have seen self-proclaimed globalists, who advocate population control, speak about a lockdown until a vaccine - for a disease with a very low mortality rate - is injected into everyone.

There's no telling, yet, whether the politicians or globalists will get their wishes, but it is telling that they are so open, vocal and vehement about what they want.

For the record, I do not wish to be kept safe by my government. I have a brain and I can keep myself safe. Instead, I need a government that will get out of my way and let me thrive or fail.

I don't agree that this is "the new normal" or that "we're all in this together". This isn't the new normal. The new normal hasn't hit us, yet, and God help us when it does.

And no, we aren't all in this together. Many middle-class people have lost their livelihoods, homes, savings and personal belongings all due to a contrived catastrophe. When an equal number of millionaires and billionaires and politicians and celebrities (but I repeat myself) have lost everything, THEN we can talk about "we're all in this together".

Screw the "curve", I'm not staying home anymore, and I don't give a damn how close I get to others.

A wise friend once told me, "You're only as free as you choose to be." I choose to be free. While the borders I'm within tell me this is the United States, the vapid, shallow, idiotic behavior of its inhabitants tell me otherwise. It would be marvelous if the people would wake up, but even with the living memory of what was done to the Jews in Nazi Germany, Americans today still amble along, naked in the snow (metaphorically, for now) boarding the boxcar. I don't have high hopes things will change for the better any time soon.

Jefferson, Franklin, Madison, Washington and many others were brilliant. They must not be forgotten. But their time has passed. Our nation today in no way resembles what the Founders gave us. So the founding documents come down. The wall is bare. I'm interested to see what will go up next.

I invite you all: change my mind.

All we can do is vent and rant sometimes.We keep looking fro a hero and don't realize there isn't one. I keep seeing a change every 8 years like clockwork. And evry 8 years it just gets worse. More invasions, more new unconstitutional laws passed, more wars, more violence and hate.the rich get richer and the middle class gets poorer. and more in debt.

Reactions: bkt
This would make a nice painting or poster.

resisit.jpg

This would make a nice painting or poster.

View attachment 42760
Well, it would if Americans were all resisting in the same direction. Seems about half who are resisting are saying "capitalism doesn't work" after what government and the Fed have done, and the other half are more liberty-minded. The vast majority of people don't seem to be resisting anything.

Well, it would if Americans were all resisting in the same direction. Seems about half who are resisting are saying "capitalism doesn't work" after what government and the Fed have done, and the other half are more liberty-minded. The vast majority of people don't seem to be resisting anything.
BKT, seems to me like one half wants whats good for themselvees and bad for the nation and the other is fickle .

Reactions: bkt
Resisting requires some amount of personal hardship and/or risk. That is why your last line is accurate.

We are no longer wise not are we brave but those who are are taking ovr our nation with no resistance at all.
We no longer even use our free speech too afraid of offending somebody.
We consider our only duty as Americasn is to vote and let our ' servants ' save us,well that hasn't worked too good and never did .
Nobody is immune to power corrupting them or wanting to be accepted buy all.
Last time I had any hope for my country was the Tea Party and that fizzled out almost a soon as it started.

So the founding documents come down. The wall is bare. I'm interested to see what will go up next.

It's ok.
Plenty of us still have copies:).
I still believe in the country and this latest slap in the face has awakened the sleeping giant.
If you are a Dem, I suggest you find something True-Blue to hold on to.
I've seen tons of sheep that finally realized that the farmer doesn't just want their wool :oops: .
People you would least expect, Michiganers, Californianuts, and even New Yorkers, are waking up!
I believe the next election will grossly repaint the map.
For people that hate red, it will be a day of mourning that will make 2016 look like a 'narrow-loss'.

Hang in there until November, and don't sell those wall-hangings.

It's ok.
Plenty of us still have copies:).
I still believe in the country and this latest slap in the face has awakened the sleeping giant.
If you are a Dem, I suggest you find something True-Blue to hold on to.
I've seen tons of sheep that finally realized that the farmer doesn't just want their wool :oops: .
People you would least expect, Michiganers, Californianuts, and even New Yorkers, are waking up!
I believe the next election will grossly repaint the map.
For people that hate red, it will be a day of mourning that will make 2016 look like a 'narrow-loss'.

Hang in there until November, and don't sell those wall-hangings.
Oh, I haven't gotten rid of them and my bookcases are still full of U.S. history. There's no way I would part with any of that.

Being in Western New York, there are plenty of red-staters around me. New York City is seeing a lot of people question the wisdom of living in such a densely populated (and polluted) city and are relocating. I hope they don't export their leftist ideas, though. That's what Massachusetts residents did to New Hampshire: move from a high-tax state to a low-tax state then demand the same "benefits" spending in their new state. You can't fix stupid.

We'll see what the election brings. I'll know things have turned around for the better when Obama, Clinton(s), Holder, Rice and others have been sent to prison. Will that ever happen?

@bkt I wish you wouldn't pack them away. No, you will not forget them, but it's almost like you think it's not worth fighting for, as if we might as well accept what's going on and pack it in. Maybe that's not what you're saying, but by doing that, it's as if you've lowered the flag and taken it down.
My ancestry in this country has been here too long for me to say oh well.
I find it alarming you're waiting to see what will take it's place on your wall. It's whatever you decide is worth it's place on your wall.
If a righteous document, based on the founding principles of these documents is created, then maybe it is time. But I dont have much hope of that.

By taking down the documents, all I'm acknowledging is that These United States of America, as originally founded, no longer exists. We are in a state of flux and I'm pretty sure Balkanization to a degree may be the best course of action given the divisions in this country.

Taking them down in no way implies I'm surrendering my liberty to the morally bankrupt idiocracy we've become. It means I'll be fighting for the individual - for liberty - rather than specifically for our much $#!+-upon founding documents. That said, I haven't given up on those documents. If I had, they'd be in the trash. But right now, from where I sit, they don't apply to anything. They mean nothing to politicians, judges, many police, and the majority of Americans.

Again, I invite everyone to change my mind.

For more than two decades on my office wall at home, the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights have hung proudly. I took them down today and carefully packed them away in the attic. Those documents used to mean a great deal to this country, but that time has passed. While they still mean a great deal to many people - myself included - they are no longer the Supreme Law of the Land. Instead, they're a tool used by a few evil people, to ignore or invoke, depending on circumstances.

Much more importantly, the vast majority of people are either too afraid, too ignorant, or too busy toeing the popular narrative to understand or do anything to prevent the tragedy of this loss.

For more than a century, our government and Federal Reserve have betrayed the idea of free-market capitalism by crushing the value of the currency we use. Politicians who care only about being re-elected have spent far more on "benefits" for their constituencies, military contractors, and other huge business than the Constitution, or common sense, allow. The ace up the sleeve had been the U.S. dollar being the world's reserve currency; that's the only way we have been able to keep the dollar in demand and thus worth anything. But that deal is crumbling. Iraq, Iran, Germany, France, Russia, China, Brazil, India - the list of countries no longer willing to play that game grows longer. Soon, the dollar won't be in demand. Our national debt is enormous and it is a debt we cannot pay off.

But rather than default, our bankers and other elites in government and big business have another plan: deliberately bring about economic collapse and blame it on this virus. They can't prevent the economic apocalypse, but they can deflect the blame.

We have seen censorship of views antithetical to the WHO, mainstream media, Dr. Fauci, and others. Youtube, google, twitter, facebook and other social media have launched an all-out campaign to silence voices.

In the United States. Think about that.

We have seen this with people clamoring for "climate change deniers" to be silenced and locked up.

In the United States. No discussion and no dissenting view is tolerated.

The concept of "settled science" is not scientific at all. Science seeks the truth, even if it turns conventional wisdom on its ear.

We have seen outrageous acts by state and local governments that infringe on our rights as free people. Businesses closed and business owners fined for opening up against the "rules" (not laws!). Moms arrested for bringing their children to the park. People forced to wear masks and practice "social distancing" which we knew early on would have no effect but which all were forced to participate in.

We have seen politicians make good use of this crisis by passing spending bills - but refusing to record a vote count - that were ostensibly to help the individual and small business. But instead, the bulk of the money went to very large businesses. The next "relief" bill promises to pay money to non-citizens and open the door to mail-in votes with no identity verification at all.

We have seen self-proclaimed globalists, who advocate population control, speak about a lockdown until a vaccine - for a disease with a very low mortality rate - is injected into everyone.

There's no telling, yet, whether the politicians or globalists will get their wishes, but it is telling that they are so open, vocal and vehement about what they want.

For the record, I do not wish to be kept safe by my government. I have a brain and I can keep myself safe. Instead, I need a government that will get out of my way and let me thrive or fail.

I don't agree that this is "the new normal" or that "we're all in this together". This isn't the new normal. The new normal hasn't hit us, yet, and God help us when it does.

And no, we aren't all in this together. Many middle-class people have lost their livelihoods, homes, savings and personal belongings all due to a contrived catastrophe. When an equal number of millionaires and billionaires and politicians and celebrities (but I repeat myself) have lost everything, THEN we can talk about "we're all in this together".

Screw the "curve", I'm not staying home anymore, and I don't give a damn how close I get to others.

A wise friend once told me, "You're only as free as you choose to be." I choose to be free. While the borders I'm within tell me this is the United States, the vapid, shallow, idiotic behavior of its inhabitants tell me otherwise. It would be marvelous if the people would wake up, but even with the living memory of what was done to the Jews in Nazi Germany, Americans today still amble along, naked in the snow (metaphorically, for now) boarding the boxcar. I don't have high hopes things will change for the better any time soon.

Jefferson, Franklin, Madison, Washington and many others were brilliant. They must not be forgotten. But their time has passed. Our nation today in no way resembles what the Founders gave us. So the founding documents come down. The wall is bare. I'm interested to see what will go up next.

why would i want to change your mind? you told the untarnished truth
Samuel Adams would have kicked some booty by now. It is past time to throw some tea in the harbor once again.

Latest posts

Back