I do not recognize the department I retired from, this is just one of many ignorant incidents.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INresponse

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I retired almost 14 years ago from what was one of several (mostly) polite, friendly, and reasonable police departments in Nevada, and one of only a few polite, friendly, and reasonable departments in Clark County (around Las Vegas). After I retired the political anti-cop rhetoric intensified considerably, and the administrative BS in the department escalated, and many of the officers I worked with for years, who said I was crazy for retiring early, also retired to get the heck out of there. And, several of the others I worked with for many years were fired or forced to resign due to stupidity on their part, one reason for a few of them was setting up a "non-profit" and using their positions as admin (captain and above) in the department to solicit donations. A few weeks ago there was a report about a Sergeant and officers covering up a probable DUI accident by an off duty officer and many of them were on paid leave for up to 18 months while the department "investigated" the incident. They are all now back on the streets including the driver. And now this latest civil suit loss by the department.

https://www.8newsnow.com/investigat...ee-who-tried-to-help-city-to-pay-victim-450k/

I do not recognize any of the names of these officers but watching the video I can say that in that type of situation clubbing someone in the head while several officers are piled on top is something I never heard of when I was an Officer. Las Vegas, North Las Vegas maybe (probably) but never in Henderson.

I am ashamed to admit I used to be part of that department. We used to take pride in being the GOOD department in the county, and many times when arresting truly BAD guys they would actually compliment me and thank me for being respectful and not Kicking Their A$$ like Las Vegas usually did.

I still believe that MOST Police Officers are good and highly professional, but the more stories like these lowlifes that come out the more the average person learns to dislike and not trust all Police Officers. I rarely admit to people anymore that I am a retired PO, and then only after I have known them a while.

@INresponse It is really something to watch some of the things going on in ALL levels of the system today.

I have seen so many cases as a jury person where complete fabrications are presented to a jury to "GET" the person they chose as the target of the investigation, from pure stonewalling of exonerating evidence to trying to convict a person by the current method of "No evidence but if not them WHO"?

I quit going with the age exemption so I would not have to listen to the theatre instead of evidence.

I agree, but the video shows them initially jumping on the armed bad guy with the help of the store manager but as more officers, and the Sergeant, coming in a bit later they start "attacking" the manager who was holding down the guy on the bottom. I would assume, him being a former police officer himself, he would say something indicating at some point that he was the manager or the other guy was the bad guy but that is a huge assumption based on my experiences. We could usually tell by their actions who was security or loss prevention or just a good citizen and who was the bad guy. Even if we walked in before the "fight" you could tell by the look on their face or their body mannerisms who was happy to see us and who knew they were in trouble. And why did the first few officers not say something identifying the bad guy or good guy?

I just know that situation would have never happened when I was still working, and especially with the officers I worked with back then.

I agree, but the video shows them initially jumping on the armed bad guy with the help of the store manager but as more officers, and the Sergeant, coming in a bit later they start "attacking" the manager who was holding down the guy on the bottom. I would assume, him being a former police officer himself, he would say something indicating at some point that he was the manager or the other guy was the bad guy but that is a huge assumption based on my experiences. We could usually tell by their actions who was security or loss prevention or just a good citizen and who was the bad guy. Even if we walked in before the "fight" you could tell by the look on their face or their body mannerisms who was happy to see us and who knew they were in trouble. And why did the first few officers not say something identifying the bad guy or good guy?

I just know that situation would have never happened when I was still working, and especially with the officers I worked with back then.
Thank you for your Service.

Back in the day, the local jail was on the 5th floor of the federal building. One after another they would step into the elevator with their hands cuffed behind them and they would “attempt to escape” after the elevator door closed. They came out of the elevator much worse for the wear. Only a handful of cops were the perps but they gave the whole department a bad name.

Most cops are good guys. The ones that aren’t need to be gone and/or prosecuted. They have a lot of power and as such they should be held to a higher standard. My wife, father, FIL, cousin, and myself worked in the legal field. I am very pro cop. If we can’t trust our LEO’s it is a very bad world.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back