I know this is Alaska, but…

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskajohn

Bugged out
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
May 14 surprise. I was going to turn the soil in my gardens today.

D02E2E2A-DE57-41E2-849E-31E813E829B3.jpeg

What the heck is going on with the weather?
We always plant outside right after Mother's day. This year I hung my wife's flowers and we had 3 days of below freezing. We were gone at the time so the plants got hit hard and I'm probably going to have to buy more.
Years ago this crazy woman pulled into the driveway, got out of her car and started telling me the Chinese were controlling our weather and our government was helping them. Dad told her to get off the property. We wondered how she was allowed out by herself.
Maybe she wasn't so crazy after all. :)

It has been a cool and wet spring here, so far. Stuff already planted is taking it's own sweet time coming up like the peas that went in around St Patricks day are barely 2 inches high. And I just planted corn, beans and squash the other day, but if it doesn't warm up a bit I may have to replant.

I would like to have a little more heat & drier weather, but I sure don't want the heat & drought of last year and if the current trends are any indication of the summer to come, we may be lucky to get a summer at all

Yeppers n it's going to be in the middle 70s this week. For me.. In AK if you let the weather dictate what you do your missing out. Can't do anything about it so I try to not let it slow me down too much.
And in 5 more months we will have gone through spring summer and fall. Start winter yeeeeha

I never see snow in South Carolina, so this is all I can say.

Back