I Like It Here

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rice paddy daddy

Old Soldier
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Folks, I just gotta say that I like it here.
Each and every one of y'all are nice people. And that can not be said about very many forums.

I'm a member of dozens, no, actually scores, of forums. From homesteading to survival to guns to history. All of them have arguing, bickering, name calling, and the like.
All, that is, except here.

Thank you for accepting this busted up old man as one of your own. I really appreciate that.
And I mean it.

Folks, I just gotta say that I like it here.

beer-cheers.jpg

jd

heck, how can we not love you with a cool name like that?
Shamelessly lifted from a 1960's anti-war song by an obscure group called The Fuggs.

This is a special place. Kind of a respite from the craziness of the other sites.

Most of us are too old to cause much trouble but the wearing of dresses, skirts and clothing using ties that end in a bow should be minimal. I tend to lift hems unless they are already an inch or more above the knee and I have never convinced myself that bows should not be undone unless they serve as the only means to keep clothing in place...
Decorative zippers are also fair game.

I have a reputation to uphold. ;)

I like to think of it as a mutual admiration society. Everybody is like minded. Everybody is respectful of each other. We all bring different things to the party to help the group, and willingly share information. I hope we are (and I really believe we are) respectful when we disagree. We can have differing opinions, and nobody is attacked or belittled. That is very important to me, and that is the reason I have left other forums. I share the opinion of the group. This is a special place, and I think I can safely say we all want to keep it that way.

Latest posts

Back