I like these types of lights for outside or in when power is out.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Yep, Looks like a reasonable deal for today.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Wat..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=FG3EQQQAG49HPPAKZ5G6

upload_2019-7-31_15-51-12.png

Seems they are usually $89.99 and they are listing them for $27.99. 69% off.
I have got to get me some.

It seems to be a fast deal. Only so many listed at this price. Right now about 8% bought.

I prefer no outside lights because it allows me to sneak up on any no accounts. Also, from my experience, city kids are afraid of the dark.

Angie. On the link you provided scroll down. Newer model, 2 pack for $18.99.

Good, then someone can get the newer model. I'm thinking of putting them in a bedroom window to charge during day, then when walking through at night it will come on and no tripping on going to the bathroom in middle of night. And the lights similar to that that I have now have an off switch.
And I"m thinking of when power goes out in a storm. Turn on and have some lights when moving around.

All lights need an off switch. I like real dark.

We have motion sensor solars in strategic locations all around the property. Handy right now, but I think some would be moved in a SHTF scenario where darkness might be beneficial for egress or other security concerns. For now it will surprise a low life, let me know if there is a critter in the yard or enable me to walk around at night with less risk of breaking my neck

I'm thinking of putting them in a bedroom window to charge during day, then when walking through at night it will come on and no tripping on going to the bathroom in middle of night.
I don't know the answer but something to consider.

Many windows block ultraviolet light. I don't know what kind of light charges these things but they may need direct sunlight.

E.g. My glasses have the "transitions" coating that turns them into sunglasses when exposed to the sun. When driving directly into sunlight, the lenses don't get darker for me as the windshield blocks the ultraviolet light so the lens doesn't recognize the brightness.

I have(well HAD until my oldest discovered it) a solar charger for my phone and even an incandescent light bulb will charge it.

Latest posts

Back