I love them old barns

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great old hay barn.
old-ky-barn.jpg

Jim

That's funny... the plant in the picture is Dagga, an ornamental from India. Its very effective in treating ADHD and similar in western herbalism. Teenagers try to smoke the tiny blooms to get high, that's not how its used in medicine.

It seems whoever is responsible for the picture has a fascination with the plant.

It only grows south of 33.5 degrees latitude as a general rule. Its more of a tropical plant.

Dagga 001 sm.jpg

That's funny... the plant in the picture is Dagga, an ornamental from India. Its very effective in treating ADHD and similar in western herbalism. Teenagers try to smoke the tiny blooms to get high, that's not how its used in medicine.

It seems whoever is responsible for the picture has a fascination with the plant.

It only grows south of 33.5 degrees latitude as a general rule. Its more of a tropical plant.

View attachment 35281

:cool::cool: only a true Herbalist would go looking at barns pics and see a plant and describe. :cool::D

Jim

I like a barn with a missile silo along side! ;)

View attachment 35281
It looks like wild sunflower to me. The seed heads are all that remain when it is late fall and winter. All the leaves, petals and seeds are gone.

This is not a photo of a barn, but videos of a barn being moved outside of Bruno, Nebraska, after a change in the highway began to cause flooding in the location where the barn had been. The quality of the recording is not that good, but it is the story that is interesting. On July 30,1988, 4,000 people showed up to watch the barn being moved, and 344 men helped move it. Bruno is so small, population 99, there is not one cafe or restaurant. I drove through there almost two years ago.

Latest posts

Back