I Really Need To Keep A Camera Handy When We're Sitting Out On Our Deck.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viking

I know a lot of things, but master very few
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Twice now when we have been sitting out on our deck a small herd of elk have come out of the woods above within a 100 feet of our home, I've seen up to 5 calves along with a few yearlings along with about 10 older cows and bulls, all are very healthy looking.

Twice now when we have been sitting out on our deck a small herd of elk have come out of the woods above within a 100 feet of our home, I've seen up to 5 calves along with a few yearlings along with about 10 older cows and bulls, all are very healthy looking.
I would keep a rifle handy. :)
Yummy.gif

And that's why they don't allow people like us in Oregon!
Elk Lives Matter.

My Aunt and Uncle lived in Sutherlin, OR. One morning during breakfast he saw a big buck out his window. He calmly got up opened the window and shot the deer.
He finished eating then went and took care of the meat. My Aunt said he should have at least went outside.
I should mention it was deer season.

Last edited:
You can get away with 1 shot even in a crowded neighborhood.
People will just wonder was that a shot? Then shrug and move on with their life.
Two shots and you will attract way too much attention, so don't miss.
A single shot around here would be recognised, and probably the general location. A shrugged shoulder would probably be considered an overreaction.

Been watching the whales and sea lion feeding and cavorting around. I expect the otter to be back in the next few weeks, they love our floats.

Latest posts

Back