I suggest reading this........It is VERY SHORT.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I think this is much more relevant in "Prepping Section" then in political section. I strongly suggest that while reading, you pretty much "Forget" that it is about Shanghai, China. And keep asking yourself, is this in your future (I fear it is). Everywhere the word China appears substitute USA. This is "not" really about the virus, it is about government control of people.

The Seneca Effect: The lockdown in China: if the powerful are doing something that looks stupid, is because whatever they’re doing IS actually stupid

America society apparently has a similar issue with our mindset like the “Chinese mind” discussed in the article. Speaking about a frog in water with a slowly rising temperature, look how normal the urbanites and suburbanites view “mostly peaceful protest”, a breakdown in election integrity, the breakdown of our boarders, the almost complete elimination of free speech with oligarch controlled tyranny, etc. Nothing to see here.

I could (I won't) write a long essay about my observations from spending "Seven" days in the largest city in Alaska.......Anchorage.

OK....Just "ONE"..........Very few Anchorage people speak "English" as a first language. I had a very-very hard time communicating to the point that bystanders who were watching were snickering and giggling. (Now remember I have been living in Alaska and visiting Anchorage for 53 years)

I wish I was a better student of history, and not just American history, but world history. Has it always been like this? Someone or some group always seems to be seeking power over everything and everybody. There are figure heads in every country, but I seriously doubt that any of them are calling the shots, especially the senile idiot here. History is rife with people who wanted to conquer the world. Is the new cabal trying to conquer the world in a new way? Through subterfuge rather than armed conflict?

It is an interesting article, and I can easily see how you could substitute USA for China and see that we are going down the same path. It is alarming that so many people do not recognize where this is going.

Last edited:
Food is brought to them, mostly vegetables. There are many bizarre "Government" behaviors currently on earth, including America.
I've been hearing about the lockdown in Shanghai. I don't understand how if you cannot leave home, at all, how you can get food there?

Last edited:
Food is brought to them, mostly vegetables. There are many bizarre "Government" behaviors currently on earth, including America.
All we got was a 300% increase in food stamps, we still got to go get it, but for a Lousy ten bucks, they will deliver!

Remove a peoples self care skills and they are easily tamed, so few bother to see it, easy times breed weak people.

I've been hearing about the lockdown in Shanghai. I don't understand how if you cannot leave home, at all, how you can get food there?
A business colleague was locked in his apartment in Shanghai for several months. The government had an army of a million-ish people delivering food to the 25 million locked in their apartments. They would get things like sweet potatoes delivered periodically...not full meals. He said he and his wife were down to dry cereal as their last item of food when he was released.

He said it was worse on the family next door to him, who had two kids, and they weren't even allowed to open a window. He said if they opened a window, it would be seen from the street, and the enforcers would come an make them close it. He said he could hear the wailing from the family next store, basically locked in a prison cell for months with their kids.

The moment he was able to secure permission to come to the US for a "necessary" business trip, he bolted, and he has no intention of going back in the near future.

Latest posts

Back