I want to die with my boots on...even if it hurts.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzleyette___Adams

Hermit on the mountain
Neighbor
I know this is an old Taiwanese commercial, but it is based on a true story and the most powerful one I have ever seen. I think it speaks to all of us right where it counts.

I, too, want to die with my boots on...even if it hurts because I don’t want to be stone cold dead while I am still alive.

If I live to be 80, I may not get to do what these guys did, but I can embrace the importance of this story. (Notice the pain of prepping for six months for this epic motorcycle ride; it was worth it.)

I know this is an old Taiwanese commercial, but it is based on a true story and the most powerful one I have ever seen. I think it speaks to all of us right where it counts.

I, too, want to die with my boots on...even if it hurts because I don’t want to be stone cold dead while I am still alive.

If I live to be 80, I may not get to do what these guys did, but I can embrace the importance of this story. (Notice the pain of prepping for six months for this epic motorcycle ride; it was worth it.)

I like it,thanks Grezzelyett.Sad beginning inspiring ending.

I had to change to a scooter, too hard to swing my short legs over the motorcycle :)
Pavement Ends-X2.jpg

I feel inspired by that video. Judging from many of the comments on the Youtube page, I'm not alone for feeling this way. I think that just about everyone who watched this video was moved to tears, or nearly so. If not, you just might be part cold-blooded reptile!

Speaking for myself, it was an affirmation to my resolve to "keep my boots on," no matter what. I am the sort of person who is liable to haul off and do something crazy of the magnitude seen on "Second Hand Lions." (Remember the old, old guy who built his own airplane and...well, he died with his boots on, living his crazy dream.)

I forgot to mention, they rode over 707 miles in their 13-day journey. Wow, that truly was an epic ride for them... the stuff of memories. I am sure they relived that trip many times in the years to follow.

A beautiful story. I admire their courage and resolve. I could see myself doing something similar, but probably not on a motorcycle.

Thanks for posting, Griz.

A beautiful story. I admire their courage and resolve. I could see myself doing something similar, but probably not on a motorcycle.

Thanks for posting, Griz.
me too,mine would be a van or boat.

... I am the sort of person who is liable to haul off and do something crazy of the magnitude seen on "Second Hand Lions." (Remember the old, old guy who built his own airplane and...well, he died with his boots on, living his crazy dream.)
Hey, wait a minute! I built my own airplane and flew it! Can I be crazy too?
Never thought to fly it with my boots on, so I never wrecked it:
ANDY8.JPG

(Boy, I looked good back then!:heart:)

Last edited:
Back