I was given a DIE-rect order

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
Wifey done set the foot down and I have my orders
now I just have to figure how. I am out of my comfort zone on this one.
Wifey wants me to install epoxy resin on the counter tops. I have seen this done but have never done it myself.
looks simple enough. mix and pour.
has anyone done this? I am looking for the booger boo that is going to mess me up mid way pour.

I've done a small concrete top but not the epoxy, though I've seen it done.

Issues I know of are the weather, depending on humidity it can affect how fast or slow it'll set off. Also need to have everything ready and staged as once you start pouring you gotta go, no turning back. I'd watch a bunch more Youtubes and depending on where you're going to buy your supplies ask them loads of questions and see if the manufacturer of the resins your buying has how to videos or other FAQ and tips. Other thing is prep and having things masked off, protected and general things like that.

Take lots of video and let us know how it turns out.

I have never done any epoxy, but daughter did a big project in h.s. using bottle caps, spray painting the outside, putting small images and words inside and epoxy to preserve them. She was a creative writing major at an arts h.s. and every 6 weeks had to write a contract for what her goal was for this time period. I know that some of her ideas were ideas she got from others.

Epoxy is tricky and daughter got to be quite the expert at it. Bubbles form and need to be removed with toothpicks before it cures.

I have a counter top that needs something and epoxy is one of my considerations. My concerns includes dripping over the edge and regulating the evenness. Liquids finds its own level, but in that process, if you have something at the bottom to the lip to catch potential overflow, there could be some unevenness there.

I wonder how many videos YouTube might have giving tips and suggestions?

Only epoxy I know of is fiberglass for boats and automobiles,which hubby excells at but then he is good at most things.

Last edited:
I know a handigal who wanted something different for their kitchen. She purchased rolls of thin copper, lined it on the countertop, and used copper roundhead nails and she said it was really cheap. She even used a leather mallet to form the pliable copper over the edge for a real professional look. I will tell you is turned out beautiful, made the kitchen feel really warm, and she added some copper pans mounted on the wall for decoration as well as usable pans. She then finished with using 3/4" copper pipe to make matching towel bars.

Just an idea which eliminates that horrible smell or resin curing and guaranteed to hide all blemishes.

Last edited:
finally getting around to putting this in the forum it belongs in

update on my kitchen
tops are finished
now i finished the painting of the cabinets
next is the back splash. it will be white and window trim, white also
followed by the floor

before paint
20200523_075457.jpg

after paint
20200525_123851.jpg

Latest posts