I wrote (am writing.) an actual book on survival. have the first 4 chapters, tell me what you think.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
give feedback please. There are sections on Where to get food, what tools are a must have, blueprints and how to on expedient toilets and stoves, self defense and keeping your nose out of trouble, the next chapters will be on first aid, panhandling and stealing/looting.

Attachments

• Surviving being homeless chapters1-4.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
The police department is usually more than happy to take you to a shelter. Try to get in early so you know you get a bed. If you can scrape the cash together head to somewhere urban, as there is more shelters there, in spite of the extra violence threat.

Even if family wont put you up, say you had issues with them in the past, swallow your pride and let them help anyway, my brother was the one who called various housing places and did a ton of research to find me a new home. If you have disabilities, you can qualify for special housing services and can get in the system and be supported with a team that will care for you and even, in my case at least, find you a job

You could research and read and review by proxy the best shelters in each of the say, biggest thirty cities in America.

I'm very impressed so far. Thank you.

The Mormon Canneries hand out free food. I expect that other churches do as well.

I found that really interesting Magus, thank you. I read a book last year about a guy who became a hobo for a while, to see what it was like. One of the things I often wonder about when I see a homeless person here is boredom. They seem to sit for hours just staring into space. Must wreck the head. I have noticed one or two reading though.

Those are the guys who gave up or have no hope of getting out, book part 2 is for that crowd. pretty much everything in it is going to be illegal or immoral and probably dangerous.

I found that really interesting Magus, thank you. I read a book last year about a guy who became a hobo for a while, to see what it was like. One of the things I often wonder about when I see a homeless person here is boredom. They seem to sit for hours just staring into space. Must wreck the head. I have noticed one or two reading though.
Ever since I watched John Wick 2, I have just assumed that homeless people are all soldiers of the Soup Kitchen intelligence network, who serve the Bowery King (Laurence Fishburne) and are all ace assassins in disguise.

It is a more complimentary assessment than just assuming they are what they look and smell like.

I knew a sniper from Nam that was on the same "A" list as Carlos Hathcock that was homeless, he liked it out there in "the jungle" You would be amazed at what I learned from that man!

R.I.P Smitty.🤟

I had a good friend who served two tours as a sniper in "Nam".
Two weeks back in the real world he told me he was going to the north cascades. When I asked him why, he just said ,"I gotta kill something."
His body made it home but he was not there.

Anybody see anything illegal in the book? I put it on the survival forum and they yanked it because "I was advertising" and had illegal things in it.
Last damn book I share over there. 🤬

Write one too. the more prospectives the better! I normally do fiction anyway, but I have this urge to help out, and looks like we have a lot of fresh homeless people coming.

Latest posts

Back