• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Idaho won't take any crap

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

rusty

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
“IDAHO STANDS UP...ANTIFA STANDS DOWN !
If you ventured to downtown Coeur d’Alene, Idaho last night you would think you had entered a Militia family reunion. No one has an accurate count of how many heavily armed citizens came out to support peaceful protestors and protect local businesses and citizens against shipped in ANTIFA members but it was certainly HUNDREDS, perhaps over a THOUSAND.

“We just drove downtown Coeur d’Alene. It is packed with armed citizens. I’ve never seen so many AR-15s in my life. There’s at least a thousand armed citizens walking on the sidewalks and the streets are packed with cars and trucks with guys in the back with AR-15 and American flags everywhere. We saw two protesters wearing their little black clothing and black masks and sitting on a step quietly with their little poster board sign saying “our system sucks!” Guess why they’re being so polite.”~Keith Gibson, Coeur d’Alene resident.
Word got out that ANTIFA was going to ship in rioters to mingle with peaceful protestors in our quiet little town…and indeed they did as several white Mercedes vans were seen with dozens of people that didn’t belong in our community. It was also made known that they were planning to use the local WINCO store as their staging ground. After learning this, a well organized local group of concerned citizens set up a post in the parking lot to ensure that these unwelcomed invaders clearly understood that the citizens of Coeur d’Alene would have ZERO tolerance for any type of violence or destructive behavior in our town.”
105617166_3550861688260559_7934465699772328174_n.jpg

bkt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Good. I hope we see more of this.

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Welcome to the "no-looting" zone! :green man:
Idaho is so not Seattle!
It is packed with armed citizens. I’ve never seen so many AR-15s in my life. There’s at least a thousand armed citizens walking on the sidewalks and the streets are packed with cars and trucks with guys in the back with AR-15 and American flags everywhere.
emo12.gif

LadyLocust

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
In our town, there was going to be a "protest" at the courthouse last Fri. night. It was organized that rigs would take all the parking spaces prior to protest time. There were rigs and flags etc. At the protest start time there were X number of protesters, within half hour there were maybe a third that number. (Hubby had to drive on a road that overlooks the ct. house so saw:))
I wonder how many people realize they obtain a permit from the city to hold a protest. I would be for figuring out who's in charge and authorizing them (uh-hem mayor!)

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Friday night there was a planned BLM protest in a small town a our and half from here. Word got out and folks from 3 counties showed up to defend the monument where the protest was planned. Plus a local got a permit for a counter protest and have over 1000 folks show up. Town basically became a old style crusin event with folks driving up and down mainstreet with flags flying. Plenty of folks on the sidewalks. 3 vans drove thru from out of state and kept on going. They said the only protesters were a few kids, but zero problems.

phideaux

Spectator of Life
Neighbor
I told my sheriff, if he needed help protecting our town , lets us know.
I'll show up with a VEPR 12 ga, 10 round mag , and wearing 2 bandoliers with 30 shells , 00 buck , each. He laughed.

That alone should be a deterrent.

I'm happy to see there are citizens standing up to protect our towns.

Jim

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Friday night there was a planned BLM protest in a small town a our and half from here. Word got out and folks from 3 counties showed up to defend the monument where the protest was planned. Plus a local got a permit for a counter protest and have over 1000 folks show up. Town basically became a old style crusin event with folks driving up and down mainstreet with flags flying. Plenty of folks on the sidewalks. 3 vans drove thru from out of state and kept on going. They said the only protesters were a few kids, but zero problems.
...Another story you will never hear about on CNN. :LOL:

phideaux

Spectator of Life
Neighbor
Last edited:

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
If these protesters start invading mainstream American households, they should consider themselves very lucky if the only thing they encounter is guns pointed at them. The protesters should realize that most gun owners have had it drilled into their brains that you don't point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot. So if they see a gun pointed at them, it's time to back down. Now.

Patchouli

Patriot
Neighbor
thru the grapevine, a little birdy, I heard the gathering in Coeur d'Alene was "full of a bunch of armed to the hilt, redneck," (it went downhill from there) people with guns because "that area is JUST FULL of THOSE KINDS OF PEOPLE." I don't argue or comment much with this person on these issues anymore and let this person say what person has to say and move on. This person lives very near Coeur d'Alene and if this person was uncomfortable then that is probably good. lol

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I would expect this will be divided between Red and Blue. Red States and Red cities will show and armed resistance, and have no tolerance for thugs and looters. Blue States and Blue cities will pander to the thugs, and take a knee in support.

Has anyone seen Rudy Giuliani speak about protesters, and how the permits were written when he was Mayor? I for one agreed completely. Protests were limited in scope, time, and location. This is where you can protest. This is long you can protest. If you get outside of these boundaries you will be arrested. Block a public street, you will be arrested. Damage property you will be arrested. If you don't like it sue me or don't protest.

Duncan

Super Friend
Neighbor
One of our sons is looking toward Idaho to move his family. It would be closer to us. I told him I don't care where you move just get out of California. He would fit right in with the gun toting rednecks.
I think it would depend on where he lives and whom he chooses to hang out with. Boise, the capital and largest city, is far and away the most 'progressive', while the smaller towns are less so. Also, the further east you go, the higher the percentage of LDS members there are, and they tend to be more politically conservative but not really 'redneck'.

Twin falls is about halfway between Washington/Oregon and Montana/Wyoming, and there is a good mixture.

In our case, we live on a farm outside a small (~3000 pop) town; most of our immediate neighbors are farmers or farmer support people and pretty conservative (although you don't see many signs hustling either Trump or Biden). On the other hand, we also go to CSI, a local college in Twin Falls where there a lot more blue-oriented people (primarily staff and instructors); our friends come from both sides. When we do have gets-togethers, we usually invite friends from both worlds and they all seem to get along just fine.

By the way, although most of our neighbors are armed, it's not necessarily a 'political statement' with them.

Latest posts