If you could have only one ALBUM, what would it be????

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AC/DC was my first concert. I was 16. I still to this day can't believe my parents let me go.

My first concert was ELP in Philly. I was 18 and Philly was 4 hours away. Didn't get home till close to 5:00am. They were set up on a revolving stage so that everyone was able to see them face on at different times. I saw Yes there a short time later with the came set up. 2 great shows!

My tastes in music growing up ran the gamut from Beethoven to Black Sabbath, rick Wakeman to Johnny Cash, Gregorian chants to Dizzy Gillespie. It’s only gotten wider. Not big on screaming or opera, mostly old country and good rock and roll

Last edited:
R-514756-1463067942-4406.jpeg.jpg
imgres
imgres
imgres
imgres
"Smooth Operator" goes through my head at work sometimes.

My first concert was Ted Nugent in 1977. 2nd was AC/DC and UFO. Both were good shows and the prices of $8 and $3 made it even better.
Just found out last week I got free tickets to Journey and Def Leppard later this year.
Are you sure its the real Journey? lol
I'd see Gregg Rolie over Steve Perry ANY WAY, any day. I was disappointed when Journey adopted Perry and then Gregg left, turning it into a band more adored by the chicks, but this lady preferred the original Journey. Gregg had a smoother voice.
crank it up

Journey's only originals are Neil Schon and Russ Valory, guitar and bass players. First time I saw them Perry was singing, Rollie was on Keys and back ground vocals, Ansley Dunbar was drumming. Great show and Rollie did have a fine voice. Next time Rollie and Dunbar had left. Not as good of a show.
I don't expect this show to be awesome, but with free tickets, I'll go and enjoy it all the same.

My first concert was Eddie Money at Winterland in SanFrancisco. Growing up we had the "Day on the Green" at the Oakland Colloseum. The deal was, I would buy a ticket for my sis who is ten years older, and then she would drive me and my friends there. I saw Heart, Led Zeppelin. Husband and I have seen Nugent in New Mexico many times. He puts on a fun show every time.

Sort of funny… David Crosby of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. Crosby had a drug problem, even did time in a Texas prison because of it. Evidently, he had a friend in Laramie Wyoming where he would go to dry out.

I was driving across country and happened to stop for a night in Laramie. I got a hotel room then went down to the restaurant to eat. There was a guy playing an acoustic guitar with a tip jar in front of him in the bar area. It was David Crosby, I recognized him. I took a seat and ordered a burger.

The man could play a guitar and sing, a great show, only 20 people were there. Some drunk kept asking him to play the Clapton song “Cocaine”. So he did, he played the tune but the words he sang were about Winnie the Pooh! It was funny, almost choked on my burger. :D

My first concert was at the Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta 1974 or 75 . Georgia Jam headlining Allman Brothers but Greg ODed on the stage first song and was carried off stage.
But Marchall Tucker, ZZ Tops, Lynerd Skynard and maybe forgot one made up for it. I have looked for video of that concert for years and never have been able to find it.

Too many good albums for me to chose. For variety I guess I'll go with ' Concert of Bangledish ' spl'. That album had a lot of good bands on it.

While My Guitar gently Weeps on this album, one of my favorite top five songs ever. Listen to the lyrics says so much about us all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back