If you have several e-mail addresses, can they be auto forwarded to just one address.....???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Couldn't be any simpler (using Xfinity email in my case). Go to your provider's web-based email access, then settings->mail->autoforward. Each email provider will be different in the details of how you access this feature, but I can't imagine any of them don't support this basic function.

EmailFwd.jpg

Another way to do what I think it is you may be wanting to do, is set up your email client on your PC to be able to access multiple email accounts. Then configure it to use a "common inbox". This will gather all the separate account inboxes into a single virtual inbox.

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish as to which way you go ... autoforwarding or common inbox.

The reason I went with autoforwarding for the account above, is because that email account is a "shopping" account that my wife and I share. Any time we buy something that could lead to sharing of the email address and spamming, we use this shopping email address. But that means that we both have to deal with each others shopping mess, which is not always desirable. There is stuff that I would filter into spam that she wouldn't, and vica versa. So she maintains the main shopping email account. It is set up to forward a copy of all incoming emails to my (separate) shopping email account. I set filters on my (separate) email account to filter out her junk. She sets filters on our main/shared shopping account to filter out my junk. This works, because the copy that is forwarded to me happens BEFORE her filters take affect. For the emails that we both want to see, either of us can delete our copy and the other still has access to their copy, until they delete it themselves. If were were both logging into the same main email account, optionally with a "common inbox" set up on each of our computers, if one of us deleted an email then it would be deleted from both of our views. Which is what we wanted to avoid for this particular account. Some emails we both want to see.

p.s. - By the time I get my copy of a shopping email, it is in my separate account. So if I were to reply to it, then normally that reply would show up in the senders inbox under my separate email address, NOT the original email address that they sent the email to. So I have my email client set up to alter the sending email address (which would normally be my separate email address) so that it is changed to the original/shared shopping email address. That way the sender doesn't know that their email took a little diversion over to my separate email address before it got replied to. What I'm doing here illustrates why you should never trust the sender listed in your incoming emails. It is trivially easy to spoof any email address you want as the sender. What you can't spoof as easily is the outgoing email server. If I didn't do other things, an astute email originator might notice that while my email says it is coming from some Xfinity email address (the one I spoofed), the IP address it was sent from is a Gmail server. But I have my (seperate) shopping email client configured to receive email from Gmail in this case, but send replies outgoing via Xfinity, since I am spoofing an Xfinity address as the sender. I can do this easily because I have accounts on both Gmail and Xfinity. There is still more you need to spoof if you want to be really good at hiding, but spoofing these two things is good enough for what I'm doing. I am just spoofing to fool the casual email user, not the NSA.

I could not even set-up a new e-mail address. Got everything done, hit continue and what shows up, fill in your mobile phone # and we will send you a code. No cell service here, so I have no cell phone.

Try putting in your email address (assuming you have another one that already works) where it asks for a mobile phone number. Email providers will convert an incoming text message into an email. The problem that may occur, is that your setup that is asking for a mobile number may not allow you to enter an email address.

I just sent a text message, from my phone, to my Gmail email address, and it converted and came through just fine. Hopefully your new email setup will allow you to enter an email address rather that a phone number. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

p.s. - I could be remembering wrong and it is the originating SMS message sender that does the conversion and not the receiving. The more I think about it, it would have to be the sending end that does the conversion. But, it still may work, even though I got the implementation details mixed up in my mind.

All in the title

Curious as to how you access them.. Computer? I have several and I access them with the Email program in Windows 10, easy peasy. Each email account is in it's own folder, and you just toggle from one to the other.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back