If you own a John Deere lawnmower with a Briggs and Stratton engine...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. You take a long time to respond to people in this thread. How are you doing with your lawnmower right now?
Who are you replying too ?

Ben
Well, I know it isn't me:rolleyes:.
Just a few posts back he would have read...
I will update that the engine has not used a drop of oil since the repair, and because we love our rain down here:mad:, we are mowing about every 4 days nowgaah...
...On the bright side, ours and the neighbor's mowers have been drag racing each other flawlessly, every week for years.:thumbs:

Reactions: Neb
Is the issue limited to the LA105 and LA125? I have an 01ish LA130 and an 07 LA130. I bought the 07 because the transmission on the old one is giving signs of impending death. I've beat on the old one for years (honestly I've treated it like a full size brush hog) and it doesn't burn any oil, just wondering if I should be looking for this issue to crop up? The engine is a B&S but it doesn't look like the one in the picture. The new one does look like that.

Is the issue limited to the LA105 and LA125? I have an 01ish LA130 and an 07 LA130. I bought the 07 because the transmission on the old one is giving signs of impending death. I've beat on the old one for years (honestly I've treated it like a full size brush hog) and it doesn't burn any oil, just wondering if I should be looking for this issue to crop up? The engine is a B&S but it doesn't look like the one in the picture. The new one does look like that.
I don't think so. I'm seeing the engine in the LA 130 as a v-twin, totally different design.

Reactions: Neb
Back