If you own a John Deere lawnmower with a Briggs and Stratton engine...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
. You take a long time to respond to people in this thread. How are you doing with your lawnmower right now?
Who are you replying too ?

Ben
Well, I know it isn't me:rolleyes:.
Just a few posts back he would have read...
I will update that the engine has not used a drop of oil since the repair, and because we love our rain down here:mad:, we are mowing about every 4 days nowgaah...
...On the bright side, ours and the neighbor's mowers have been drag racing each other flawlessly, every week for years.:thumbs:

Reactions: Neb

Heartbroken

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Is the issue limited to the LA105 and LA125? I have an 01ish LA130 and an 07 LA130. I bought the 07 because the transmission on the old one is giving signs of impending death. I've beat on the old one for years (honestly I've treated it like a full size brush hog) and it doesn't burn any oil, just wondering if I should be looking for this issue to crop up? The engine is a B&S but it doesn't look like the one in the picture. The new one does look like that.

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Is the issue limited to the LA105 and LA125? I have an 01ish LA130 and an 07 LA130. I bought the 07 because the transmission on the old one is giving signs of impending death. I've beat on the old one for years (honestly I've treated it like a full size brush hog) and it doesn't burn any oil, just wondering if I should be looking for this issue to crop up? The engine is a B&S but it doesn't look like the one in the picture. The new one does look like that.
I don't think so. I'm seeing the engine in the LA 130 as a v-twin, totally different design.

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts