If Your Doctor Asks

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Point of the article from the link Top provided above:

The point is that in a political and cultural environment that is increasingly hostile to the Second Amendment and law-abiding gun owners, telling anyone outside your immediate family that you are armed is a risk.

It’s a risk because that information will go on your medical record and if they don’t already, the feds will soon have access to all your medical records.

And it’s only a small step until one day when liberals control all the levers of government and can impose mandatory gun registration or confiscation.

And you’d better believe they’ll use all resources available to them to find out who owns the guns so you may be disarmed. Quickly and without incident.

So what do you do when your doctor asks if you have a gun in the home? Jazz Shaw, writing for Hot Air, has a good idea:

Lie.

Don’t tell them you do have a gun, because that instantly becomes part of your medical record.

Don’t waffle, or tell the doctor you’re “uncomfortable” answering the question, because they very well may notate that too.

Lie.

Right through your teeth. “Why no, doc, I don’t have any guns in the home at all!”

It’s none of anybody’s business anyway.

By the way, that question never was on the questionnaire I filled out. But I’ll be ready next time.

:I agree:

I'll miss my doctor in Alabama.
If that question was on a form, we'd probably get sidetracked talking about which ammo runs best in which guns and I'd never get checked out:rolleyes:.

Not worried about it being on a form down here either, but if it was and I answered no, I could expect these follow up questions:
Why not?
Is it because you have some mental problem?:Angie:
Or are you just stupid?
idiot.gif

Think twice before you tell anyone at the doctors office that you are depressed or may have been depressed at one time. If the "right" people decide you are a danger to yourself or someone else, guess what. So what are gun owners to do when fighting depression?

My doc is pretty cool as well, he shoots and is active National Guard.

...So what are gun owners to do when fighting depression?
I shoot Tannerite!:boom:
And it makes you feel even better if it's strapped to whatever is depressing you:eek:.

Latest posts

Back