I'm back from my old camp.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The feral cats remembered me. :)
no sign of "Stinky"
The coyotes remember me, they left after the first night!
I'll have a report on some gear I was wringing out pretty soon.

Righty then...

North Georgia chileadas:

In a quart jar mix:
2 fingers of El Jimador tequila.
two tablespoons of Texas Pete hot sauce. (if you like living dangerously!)
a small dash of salt.
three cups of spicy V8 tomato juice.
a dash of clammato clam juice.
1 Heineken beer.

Mix well and serve over crushed ice. serves two normally.

Phillie deer sandwich:
1 pound of parboiled venison. (deer meat city kids. :p)
Lightly stir fry with two green onions, a 1/4 cup of diced portabella mushrooms, 1/2 a green bell pepper and one finely diced jalapeno pepper.
remove from heat when done and add 4 slices of provolone cheese on top.
when melted, shovel into a toasted sourdough roll. makes 4. I like pepper rings in mine, many won't.

A hyper tough flashlight, probably home depot, the local hardware is where I got mine.
It is rechargeable, it can be used as a re charger, and charge a cell phone!
it has two magnetic gripping surfaces, it takes regular AAA batteries in a pinch and has three light settings:
regular flashlight which reaches well past 50 feet with a good charge, a worklight, which is blinding, and a red, slow strobe for trouble or messing with your stoned guests minds. LOL it lives up to its name "HYPER-TOUGH" I didn't destroy it and only had to recharge it once after 3 weeks.
s-l640.jpg
Gerber has been getting a bad rap of late for making crap, looks like someone got rid of the slackers and came up with this little jewel, Sharp right out of the box and three weeks of cutting fuzz sticks, chopping meat and making cooking sticks and kindling later, its STILL SHARP! It won't shave anymore, but who
cares? good production camp knife!
.parang.jpg
Palmetto state arms basic AR-10:
I snagged this right as the covid hit for 500$, the price has doubled in a year. good luck finding one at any price now, my beloved FAL has competition it seems. almost 200 rounds of USGI surplus and no hiccups and VERY accurate! I put a choate stock on it because I'm me, the factory one rattles a bit too much to suit me. anyway, if you're looking for a good, solid basic AR-10, here we go!
ar10_small.jpg

Continuing onward:
https://www.gorillasurplus.com/vintage-canvas-teardrop-backpack-with-leather-accentsI got mine at a flea market for ten bucks, factory seconds/counterfeit? meh. EVERYTHING is made in China.
tough little thing, it kept my laptop, accessories, mp3 player and speakers safe and dry and survived an inquisitive raccoon
without a scratch or letting the little b**tard get at my snacks!

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/coleman-extreme-9-can-soft-cooler/541618.htmlBest 15$ you'll spend this month! it kept my Rolling rock Ale frosty for days, my lemons tart and tangy and my water tooth busting cold!
all in North Ga summer.

A new use for a plastic 50 cal ammo can! I think they're dumb, but I needed something coon, water and possum proof.
Stuff in a loaf of Dave's good seeds, three packs of lunch meat, a bag of sliced gherkins and some packs of mustard,mayo and ketchup and keep in in the corner of your Coleman cooler. it stays dry and cool and away from Ranger Rick's creepy kin! soggy food sucks. might buy another and put them in the Coleman and just smother them in ice! Mmmm dry bread and snack cakes and NOT soggy meats and veggies!
(YOU PAID HOW MUCH FOR A YETI?! Well, good with that Howard Hughes. you overpaid unless you're a professional outfitter/guide.)
ammo can.jpg
Remember the "Flying ashtray?" try a box of this next time you want something deader than dead!
Sig Sauer Elite Performance V-Crown 45 ACP 230 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point 20 Round Ammo Box - Omaha Outdoors
My new SA loves them right out of the box! speaking of which...
.SA milspec.jpg
No breaking in time, no real ammo preferences. ( Does NOT like Wolf steel case!!!) shot fine with the rest of my oddballs.

Carbiners.
get a few, you'll be amazed at the crap you can hang on yourself! the hardware store has plain industrial ones for a buck fifty.
https://www.uscargocontrol.com/prod...100405538492&utm_content=Snap Hook Carabiners
Until next time, don't just survive, party like its doomsday!

Back