I'm Confused

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyLocust

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hey folks,
I already know I am old fashioned, out of fashion, and not up on things. But, what is the difference between Pinterest and Instagram? Also, are they both just pictures or is there actually content? I don't have an "account" with either but am occasionally referred to one or the other. If it's just pretty pictures, I'll continue to pass.
Thanks in advance.

Hey folks,
I already know I am old fashioned, out of fashion, and not up on things. But, what is the difference between Pinterest and Instagram? Also, are they both just pictures or is there actually content? I don't have an "account" with either but am occasionally referred to one or the other. If it's just pretty pictures, I'll continue to pass.
Thanks in advance.

LadyL the way I see it now a days is if I don't have it ,don't need it. I'm still learning how to do basic web things. Never heard of Pinterest never been to Instagram either:dunno:

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 12.39.31 PM.png
Pintrest is all photo's/maybe short videos. The stuff above is what I follow on Pintrest. Instagram is similar, but for an individual instead of a bunch of topics, I think. Here is the instagram page for an author I like: https://www.instagram.com/amscottwrites/

Last edited:
Instagram is primarily a photo sharing site, although you can also post short videos. You can follow people who post the types of pictures that interest you the most or post your own. For example: guns or cars or political cartoons. It's a simplified version of Facebook (and is actually owned by FB).

Pinterest is actually a bookmark or link related site where you can find and "pin" interesting topics, articles, recipes, pictures, videos, how to's, etc. and then quickly find them or similar things when you want to. It's actually more like an evolution of a search engine.

View attachment 30868 Pintrest is all photo's/maybe short videos. The stuff above is what I follow on Pintrest. Instagram I have no idea.

Thanks DadeM. So its a picture sharing site, like Imgur?
Photobucket still has my pics in lock up for ramsom for a few years now. Told if i want them back to go under contract payments for at least a year!:mad:

Instagram is primarily a photo sharing site, although you can also post short videos. You can follow people who post the types of pictures that interest you the most or post your own. For example: guns or cars or political cartoons. It's a simplified version of Facebook (and is actually owned by FB).

Pinterest is actually a bookmark or link related site where you can find and "pin" interesting topics, articles, recipes, pictures, videos, how to's, etc. and then quickly find them or similar things when you want to. It's actually more like an evolution of a search engine.

Got off FB a few years ago.Don't want a rerun of that gut spilling stuff. I can do that here and kinda choose my audience. :cool:

Besides many of us know each other and know lifes not the bowl of cherries we exhibit on FakeBook. Lots of times quite the opposite.:)

Sorry, no idea what Imgur is :( but it looks like all memes and weirdness. (I peeked)

@dademoss here is a picture of a picture I took and put up on Imgur. When you take pictures of pictures people like to think they ' gotcha ' " I seen the date on that picture, can't fool me". Well did you see me take a picture of the picture too.:rolleyes::D

This is Rosie my donk and Tobacco hubbys horse which we loved them both. She was a real smart ass. She loved to see where she had been 'history buff'. Tobacco liked seeing where he was going. Rosie liked looking out back of trailer. Rosies parents came in from Sicily to a man in Acworth Ga. , and was a solid color. My first donk came in on a train from Mexico.
Stored at Imgur.

w0UNh5k.jpg

@dademoss here is a picture of a picture I took and put up on Imgur. When you take pictures of pictures people like to think they ' gotcha ' " I seen the date on that picture, can't fool me". Well did you see me take a picture of the picture too.:rolleyes::D

Thanks, I had no idea :)

Thanks all. I don't think I will worry about having more accounts to keep track of. I kinda think the fewer the better.
I don't touch Instagram but my kids and older sisters do. They post photos all the time and I wish they wouldn't. It is public but there are settings that prohibit followers from seeing your posts. To me, it sounds like young people's face book.
I like Pinterest. I pin things (click on it, add it to my specific boards). You can have every board and pin set on private so that no one can see what you're pinning. You can have a fictitious name. You can have more than one account. You can block specific people from saving your pins. You can report inappropriate pins. (I've done that).
Yes, everything from politics, food storage, jewelry making ideas, tattoos, weapons, food and recipes of all kinds, cars, makeup, antiques, to boats, homeschooling, all kinds of stuff to sew, chickens, house plans, fire pits, greenhouses, etc., etc., etc.

I use mine mainly for gardening ideas, art ideas, furniture refinishing and repair, crafts like broom or basket making. It's a great way to waste time. Just kidding. It's a time waster full of great ideas.

I don't touch Instagram but my kids and older sisters do. They post photos all the time and I wish they wouldn't. It is public but there are settings that prohibit followers from seeing your posts. To me, it sounds like young people's face book.
I like Pinterest. I pin things (click on it, add it to my specific boards). You can have every board and pin set on private so that no one can see what you're pinning. You can have a fictitious name. You can have more than one account. You can block specific people from saving your pins. You can report inappropriate pins. (I've done that).
Yes, everything from politics, food storage, jewelry making ideas, tattoos, weapons, food and recipes of all kinds, cars, makeup, antiques, to boats, homeschooling, all kinds of stuff to sew, chickens, house plans, fire pits, greenhouses, etc., etc., etc.

I use mine mainly for gardening ideas, art ideas, furniture refinishing and repair, crafts like broom or basket making. It's a great way to waste time. Just kidding. It's a time waster full of great ideas.
Thanks Patch. That actually sounds a little more appealing but possibly dangerous as I don't need to be wasting more time. Also, I didn't know you could block it so it can be for personal use only. I kinda thought it was all public (like just about everything anymore.).

Thanks Patch. That actually sounds a little more appealing but possibly dangerous as I don't need to be wasting more time. Also, I didn't know you could block it so it can be for personal use only. I kinda thought it was all public (like just about everything anymore.).
No, you can make it private.
And my account set for private.

Latest posts

Back