I'm giving away ...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalicoKatie

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Before I retired, I wanted to build up a good stash of things to keep busy with after I retired. I did such a good job that I need to clear a few things out … so I can make room for more. :D

I'm going to have a drawing for two packages of Fairway Needlecraft #92205 Hearts stamped quilt blocks to embroider.
https://www.amazon.com/Fairway-92205-Stamped-18-Inch-Violet/dp/B0019D2CMQ

Post here if you want in on this and I'll draw a name on Saturday morning, 1/11/20. I'll post the winner's name and you can send me your mailing address.

I started working on one of these blocks and used the colors they recommended. I didn't care for their colors, thought the purple was too light and red would be prettier. I stopped working on it and got sidetracked, then never went back. If you want another color, it should be easy to pick out the purple thread that I used on the one block.

You'll be getting a dozen blocks that finish at @17 1/4" square - that's what the package says. I was planning to put a 2" colored sash between the blocks and then a 5" white border so that my finished quilt would be about 70" x 88" and fit a twin or be a skimpy full size.

I'm posting a picture of the block I started. I was trying to get close enough to show the colors and the picture clipped off one side of the block but it's all there.

Attachments

• IMG_20200103_104237.jpg
    IMG_20200103_104237.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26
Actually, it's doing me a favor to find someone who'll enjoy it. I'm trying to weed out my stash keeping only the things that I'll really make and I had to admit that I'll never get to some of these cross stitch kits. Do you want your name in the pot?

I've reduced my stash quite a bit just by not buying any more fabric after I retired. The only thing I've had to get is white because I use a lot of that. Now I'm looking at some of the extras that have accumulated and thought I'd start clearing out some of these embroidery blocks. I'm also going to donate some of my smaller quilt tops to charity like Quilts Beyond Borders. That's my resolution for 2020, to clear out what I know I won't use and get my tops quilted.

I got your message phideaux and I'm putting you in the drawing. :)

Just wanted to say that it's so considerate of you CalicoKatie to give away your stuff. Awwwwwww...... This thread should go in the Random Acts of Kindness thread.:) I'm sure you'll put a smile on someone's face.

This thread just reminded me of something. When I go to local fund raisers, often times there are handmade quilts on the raffles. What I find amazing is that most people (non-crafters) have absolutely NO idea how much time and money it takes to make a quilt and what a generous donation a quilt is to the raffle. Sometimes I've seen quilts at garage sales for $20 or less.:eek: It's usually sold by family members after Grandma passed. It seems less and less people sew and make their own blankets and clothes these days. My hats off to you folks who know how. I really should learn, but I have enough projects on my plate right now.

Back