I'm new. What preparedness YouTube channels do you watch?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idk. I don't keep up with all the says. It's a lot. Stressful.
stress...prepping can cause an onset of stress! The first lesson I learned is accomplish what I can one thing at a time. If you try to do to much you will not meet goals. It is much like tasks around the homestead, finish a task before moving on to another one. Prepping is no different. Oh and don't watch the news, that's enough to stress anyone out!

Recently I have now made the move to ween off of youtube. I do Rumble on occasion but find it difficult to navigate compared to youtube. I also do a lot of preparedness/homesteading podcasts now, put in the ear buds while I am working on some of those tasks. Allows me to perform a task while listening. My earbuds are also OSHA approved for noise reduction so I can mow, operate the tractor, log splitter, chainsaw, etc while listening to a podcast about prepping/homesteading.

@Homesteader33 what earbuds are you using and would you buy them again. I am looking for some for my wife. The mickey mouse ears interfere with her hat.

stress...prepping can cause an onset of stress! The first lesson I learned is accomplish what I can one thing at a time. If you try to do to much you will not meet goals. It is much like tasks around the homestead, finish a task before moving on to another one. Prepping is no different. Oh and don't watch the news, that's enough to stress anyone out!

Recently I have now made the move to ween off of youtube. I do Rumble on occasion but find it difficult to navigate compared to youtube. I also do a lot of preparedness/homesteading podcasts now, put in the ear buds while I am working on some of those tasks. Allows me to perform a task while listening. My earbuds are also OSHA approved for noise reduction so I can mow, operate the tractor, log splitter, chainsaw, etc while listening to a podcast about prepping/homesteading.
Homesteader, that is a great idea w the headphones. I do listen to a lot during my chores. Yes, YouTube is getting pretty bad w the ads n idk.

I like to watch City Prepping and the Urban Prepper. They are more geared to suburban life than homesteading or bushcraft. I really liked Black Scout Survival but he seems to have taken a turn toward politics and does less with survival. I like Sensible Prepper as well.

Hello Aster. What part of TN. are you from approximately? I'm originally from Oneida.

As to what I watch is a mess, I usually just do a subject search and see whats in the offering, but my regulars are:
Demolition ranch
Kentucky Ballistics
FSS, but I'm starting to think he's a fear wh0re.
Brandon Herrerra
Off the grid and his goofy home security videos of whatever "IT" is.
SURVIVAL.
the Karate store. good dude, we chat.
Arms family homestead.
LOTS of cooking channels

I'm amused by most of the preparedness and homesteading channels with their fancy gadgets, lack of knowledge and bravado.
I really enjoy the whacked out political ones. It's kind of like comic books in the old days.

John Plant's videos are more about survival than prepping.......but he is very talented at survival (using nothing modern) in a tropical environment.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA/videos

I also like that there is no music and no narration.

He has over 10 million subscribers and has had more than a billion views of his videos (in total)......so he must be doing something right.

His bow and arrow video is epic.

He makes all the components from bush materials. The product is accurate and powerful enough that I would not want him shooting that thing at me!

Last edited:
@Homesteader33 what earbuds are you using and would you buy them again. I am looking for some for my wife. The mickey mouse ears interfere with her hat.
I use these since I also use them at work where I am required to have hearing protection, not cheap but they work really well. Would i buy them again, yes I will definitely! Sound reduction is actually better than most ear plugs I have ever used. If I am in a quiet area I have to take them out to hear people standing next me talking unless they substantially raise their voice and I have very little if any hearing loss (I have always been a stickler for hearing protection).
https://isotunes.com/products/isotunes-free
Mine came with an assortment of ear pieces (a couple of sets of each style), the ends on them can be changed out. I use these but that is my preference from my military days so when I ordered mine I also ordered a package of these. I also think the smoother ones would not have good retention in the ear canal but that't me and might be silly. These last a long time, months. I have used 3 individual pieces, one tore in my pocket, one got dropped into hydraulic oil and one actually tore after months of wear. I wear these things for 12-13 hour shifts, 20 days a month at work and hours when I am at home as well. you can also answer calls on them too as they work as regular ear buds.

https://isotunes.com/collections/re...tips?selling_plan=6717619&variant=36465396295
$15 for 5 pairs, you will wear them out, again over months. This piece goes onto the electronic earbud they push on/off and are held by a ribbed end on the earbud. The 5 sets have lasted me over a year and I have used 1.5 sets so far. I wash mine daily after a 12-13 hour shift to aid in avoiding a potential ear infection, I also work in an industrial environment that is filthy. If you have a lot of ear wax it can clog the opening but it is easily cleaned out by rolling the ear piece after removing it from the ear bud and wiping build up off. There are days when my ears make more earwax than others...I did not know this was a thing but doctor I am not!

Latest posts

Back