Immigration visa green card for my wife

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin76

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Has anyone here ever filed for one of these?
I have 2 forms to fill out, not a problem. But....what comes after?

The state dept. Website is not very user friendly and after click click clicking on link after link...im confused.

Form l-130a or l-130
Do I need to file for a TIN?
My wife is a UK passport holder if that makes any difference...

And I ended up on proof of financial support page...We own a house in the US and paid taxes but thats it.
I have a job over here....
Im going to be moving and getting a job but not right now.
Would a savings account and deed to the house work?

This is such a confusing headache...
Im leaving in 6~8 months first and my wife and son are joining me a month or two after....is this enough time?
The US Consulate is no help over here...

Or should I just take a trip to Mexico and run across the border with her?

I would suggest you hire somebody that knows the paperwork process. The government paper work in overly complex but for folks that know it, they can steer you onto the fast track. That is what I would do. Fast trip across the border not advised. Yes, I know you are joking, just had to add my 2-cents.

My wife has relatives that live in Seattle...yea...seattle...
we will ask them, "we" being me because she has a very very low tolerance for the type of people that you would think live in Seattle...I can be a bit more tactful than her at times and she stops me from crushing people's skulls when I think its appropriate...

Also a guy I met this last time home who has a wife from Taiwan...he might be usefull to talk to as well.

But I agree on hiring someone, I just wish things weren't so bloody expensive over here!!
This is so confusing, so many idiotic forms! We've been married for 14years im pretty sure its not a marriage of convenience!

When I moved here, we filled out a few forms, paid a fee, showed proof of bank account, marriage and family photos and done! Dependent Visa and Permanent residency done!
Two week process!

As TMT said, hire an attorney on this side that specializes in immigration law. A 14 year marriage and property here should help the process. Are you retiring and coming home? Your retirement income would be a positive factor.

I wish I was retiring at 42! But unfortunately I have a few more years to go. I am going to need to get job lined up pretty soon actually...

I did a bit more reading into it last night with my wife.
We just need to file form I-130 and wait for approval then she can live and work in the US while the rest of everything is processing.
So it may not be the massive government paper filing game it looks to be. But...its still the gooberment so who know.

I wish I was retiring at 42! But unfortunately I have a few more years to go. I am going to need to get job lined up pretty soon actually...

I did a bit more reading into it last night with my wife.
We just need to file form I-130 and wait for approval then she can live and work in the US while the rest of everything is processing.
So it may not be the massive government paper filing game it looks to be. But...its still the gooberment so who know.

Hoping it starts moving along for yall.

Latest posts

Back