Important ,Earth Is Facing " Insect " Apocalypse

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
https://www.windstream.net/news/read/article/newser-earth_is_facing_an_insect_apocalypse-rnewsersyn

Shop Windstream

LATEST

Earth Is Facing an 'Insect Apocalypse'
NewserArden DierJanuary 13, 2021, 7:35pm

h=400

In this Aug. 28, 2019 file photo, a Monarch butterfly flies to Joe Pye weed, in Freeport, Maine.
Insects, considered vital to the food chain, are slowly disappearing, at a rate of 1% to 2% each year in some parts of the world, according to researchers, who are urging the general public to lend a helping hand.
We're already seeing "death by a thousand cuts," says David Wagner, a University of Connecticut entomologist and author of one of 12 reports on what some term the "insect apocalypse," published Monday in PNAS.

Those cuts include climate change, insecticides and herbicides, human population growth, light pollution, invasive species, and deforestation, reports the CBC. Researchers aren't in a place to say that the rate of loss is greater than with other species.
But the world has "spent the last 30 years spending billions of dollars finding new ways to kill insects and mere pennies working to preserve them," says University of Delaware entomologist Doug Tallamy.

Lost me at climate change.

Bugs are being raised as protein in fake meat. (Ice Age Farmer)
Aw, c'mon! You missed the best part:
Windstream.net said:
People can help out by pushing for new climate change legislation and conservation, limiting the use of pesticides and herbicides, or converting lawn to an insect habitat, complete with native plants, fallen leaves, twigs, and fruit, according to one report.
Turn your yard into a pigsty!
clapslow.gif

A few quick notes: Chinese have been eating bugs for centuries because it is better than starving.
I'm not eating that.
Do watch the honey-bees though. They are special. They pollinate half of the crops we eat.
Climate change: I want a refund!!!
go crazy.gif

Got up at 8:30 am 2 days ago and it was 36 degrees!
Now, we paid perfectly good money for 3 Hurricanes with a side order of 'Global Warming'.
Waiter!!! Where is our dam Global Warming!? :waiting:
Temp should be 65 degrees! Now back on topic, insects:
(I can find something good in anything:D. No mosquitos! None, Zero, Zip!):woo hoo:
Don't worry, you little insect lovers, they ain't dead, just hibernating. :mad:

Last edited:
Bill Gates and the Rockefeller Foundation are big funders of Beyond meat. They are raising cockroaches for protein in the EU, and will be using it here. I remember that the USDA says that in ground meat products, protein needs to be listed but not what kind of protein.

a diet of processed meat-whatever the ingredients are- is not good for human health- thats why we have an obesity crisis over here.
there is a reason humans were hunter gatherers.

Maybe all the bees have moved to Alaska. The homesteaders in my area say they have never seen the high level of bees that we have seen the last few years the 40-50 years since they settled our remote valley pass.

Bee keeping is something we are interested in. I did have an alergic reaction to a bumble be sting as a adolescent growing up in Nebraska so I have this concern, but all the other bee stings since I’ve had no issue. It amazes me how they survive the Alaskan winters, but a lot folks do it.

I haven't had or cooked a hamburger in past 20 years that has the taste consistancy or smell when cooking that it use to have. Hamburger meat is not the same anymore at all. Roast are different too.

Last time we saw lady bugs they were everywhere, never seen that many lady bugs in my life. Now they seem to have disappear along with most of our bees and butterflys. Even the all plentiful Palmetto bugs aka water bugs giant cocktroaches, whatever you call them they are not as plentiful either nor are the little roaches.
I'm thinking chemicals or chemtrails may have something to do with it.
Also many of our native plants are dying off,like plum trees, maypops aka passion flowers ,muscadines ,etc.

Anyone who thinks we don't have strange weather and drastic change in our oceans is just not paying attention and went just as closed minded radical on the other end as the ones who say otherwise. We are affecting the weather be it planned or not.
We have these frankenstiens messing with our food, and weather.
I guess destruction of the earths rain forest from loggers and maybe acid rain is " natural" too , I don't think so.
Turning our natural springs and coastlines into toxic pea soup killing wildlife polluting our water.

Out at our property, the neighbors are beekeepers. My husband is going to take up beekeeping once we're out there full-time (I'm allergic, but will gladly help with things that don't get me too close to large numbers of bees).

I get so sick and tired of all the "climate change" drama. They are so insistent on blaming that and creating legislation geared to that, that they're missing the real issue. We do have a significant reduction in certain butterfly species (also pollinators) - but the knee-jerk reaction of more climate change big government isn't going to solve that problem. Since when has the government solved any problem?

Edited to add:
Sorry, @Meerkat, I was typing when you posted your last comments.
I definitely agree that we are negatively impacting our environment - excessive herbicide/insecticide use, dumping refuse - we are not good stewards. I just get frustrated by the "It's climate change! It's climate change!" (carbon emissions) mantra. There are real things we could do to improve things, but calling everything climate change isn't one of them. It causes people to feel good that they've "done something" when they haven't really looked deeply at the situation at all - just created some new carbon emissions legislation and moved on.

Last edited:
Out at our property, the neighbors are beekeepers. My husband is going to take up beekeeping once we're out there full-time (I'm allergic, but will gladly help with things that don't get me too close to large numbers of bees).

I get so sick and tired of all the "climate change" drama. They are so insistent on blaming that and creating legislation geared to that, that they're missing the real issue. We do have a significant reduction in certain butterfly species (also pollinators) - but the knee-jerk reaction of more climate change big government isn't going to solve that problem. Since when has the government solved any problem?

Edited to add:
Sorry, @Meerkat, I was typing when you posted your last comments.
I definitely agree that we are negatively impacting our environment - excessive herbicide/insecticide use, dumping refuse - we are not good stewards. I just get frustrated by the "It's climate change! It's climate change!" (carbon emissions) mantra. There are real things we could do to improve things, but calling everything climate change isn't one of them. It causes people to feel good that they've "done something" when they haven't really looked deeply at the situation at all - just created some new carbon emissions legislation and moved on.

Here in Florida leaders and enviromentals are all in cohorts to big biz,espeacially big sugar and home builders. People now see raw sewage like youd see in third world nations floating in our oceans and beaches because of urban expansions aka over population of beaches coastlines.
DeSantis promised to restore our Everglades back to their natural flow that was diverted into canals and directed the runoff into our coastlines.to dry up ONE MILLION acre's for big sugar.
I believe global warming is a natural occuurance but also know that we are causing alot of our own problems too.

A really " sweet" deal for the sugar oligarchs down here and still the Everglades and rivers are dying 13years later. DeSantis was elected on restoration but like the rest did nothing but bow to big sugar.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-florida-sugar-everglades-idUSTRE4BF7NS20081217

Florida’s sugar industry has been under fire from environmentalists for decades for dumping fertilizer-tainted water into the Everglades, a slow-moving river as little as six inches deep and a vast sawgrass prairie studded with marshes, pine forests and mangrove islands.

Also known as the “River of Grass,” the Everglades is the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States and home to rare and endangered species like the American crocodile and the Florida panther.

The purchase of the land was expected to reviv

a slow-moving river as little as six inches deep and a vast sawgrass prairie studded with marshes, pine forests and mangrove islands.

Also known as the “River of Grass,” the Everglades is the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States and home to rare and endangered species like the American crocodile and the Florida panther.

We 'conservatives ' are ignorantly destroying our childrens future just being PC.

Of course we affect our enviroment in many ways. And I consider myself a capiltalist but this is not capiatalism imo it is another system altogether.

Meer - Love you but I can't seriously take a lot of your stuff as real if you still think "chem trails" are real.
She's kinda telling the truth, but it is us down here, and not them in Florida:
https://www.airforcemag.com/the-air-force-has-deployed-the-militarys-only-large-fixed-wing-pest-control-aircraft-to-help-areas-recovering-from-hurricanes-and-heavy-rains/
The C-130s from the 910th Airlift Wing at Youngstown Air Reserve Station, Ohio, deployed to Barksdale Air Force Base, La., on Oct. 20 for several days to support Environmental Protection Agency-registered aerial spray to control mosquitos that thrive in post-storm conditions across the state. The C-130s are the military’s only aircraft equipped with the Modular Aerial Spray System.
Trust me, if you lived down here, these are your best friends:great::
5636362-scaled-900x600.jpg

Unmistakable sound.... sounds like victory to me!

Last edited:
Agreed that there's "pest control" aircraft measures.
All the **** that comes in related to "chem trails" and trying to do stuff to people is BS.
That's true.
But I'll play the devil's advocate on the topic of this thread; when we call in an 'air-strike' on our 'skeeters, what other insects survive? Likely none.
We don't grow anything down here that needs to be pollinated so we would rather keep our blood inside our own bodies than inside insect bodies.
And sometimes, the mosquitos will carry you off down here.
If you want to blame someone for an "Insect Apocalypse", start with us.

Last edited:
She's kinda telling the truth, but it is us down here, and not them in Florida:
https://www.airforcemag.com/the-air-force-has-deployed-the-militarys-only-large-fixed-wing-pest-control-aircraft-to-help-areas-recovering-from-hurricanes-and-heavy-rains/

Trust me, if you lived down here, these are your best friends:great::
5636362-scaled-900x600.jpg

Unmistakable sound.... sounds like victory to me!

SuperV,it sounds like it may also kill good bugs tpp, to me.:ghostly:. And no telling who else it affects either.

Thanks for the site and the imput. Did you see the news about Pentigon turning the military aagainst white supremist aka all Ttump voters ? Is this site for real?

https://www.airforcemag.com/dod-grapples-with-extremist-troops-as-congress-urges-investigation/
“Beyond the insurrectionist attack on the Capitol, it has been widely reported that white supremacists are joining the military and permeating the ranks,” the senators wrote. “Although some recruits with extremist views attempt to join the military, it is also common for this destructive ideology to take hold during military service. The spread of white supremacist ideology is dangerous for the military and threatens to rupture civil-military safeguards that our democracy requires.”

During a Jan. 14 briefing, a senior defense official told reporters that the number

Last edited:
we might have to eat them....

If they have anything to do with it ,it will be bug road kill,because the military is killing the shiite out of them. Ofcourse may be another good example of a bad idea since they will be poison.😲

Agreed that there's "pest control" aircraft measures.
All the **** that comes in related to "chem trails" and trying to do stuff to people is BS.

It is real zoom and I don't like it either.

SuperV,it sounds like it may also kill good bugs tpp, to me.:ghostly:. And no telling who else it affects either.

Thanks for the site and the imput. Did you see the news about Pentigon turning the military aagainst white supremist aka all Ttump voters ? Is this site for real?
“Beyond the insurrectionist attack on the Capitol, it has been widely reported that white supremacists are joining the military and permeating the ranks,” the senators wrote. “Although some recruits with extremist views attempt to join the military, it is also common for this destructive ideology to take hold during military service. The spread of white supremacist ideology is dangerous for the military and threatens to rupture civil-military safeguards that our democracy requires.”
Yes, our bug spray definitely kills 'good' insects too.
We don't care. They will be back next year.
As for the pentagon being worried that there are a lot of red-blooded Americans in the military,
well no kidding. :rolleyes:
They are worried that there are some supremacist in among them. Likely.
I covered it in this post.

https://www.airforcemag.com/dod-grapples-with-extremist-troops-as-congress-urges-investigation/

During a Jan. 14 briefing, a senior defense official told reporters that the number

We're right up there with the bugs folks so maybe we need to 'bug' out before they get more experimental.

Bee keeping is something we are interested in. I did have an alergic reaction to a bumble be sting as a adolescent growing up in Nebraska so I have this concern, but all the other bee stings since I’ve had no issue. It amazes me how they survive the Alaskan winters, but a lot folks do it.

I'm allergic to bumble bees and the doc said honey bee venom is very close so if your allergic to one your likely allergic to the other. Wasp stings don't bother me, well except for the pain.......

I like Jordan Peterson ,here he is on global warming,

Latest posts

Back