"IN-HOLDINGS".......Are worth methodically shopping for.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I am always surprised how many don't even know; that for preppers willing to do the work, "In-Held" land is a survival gift from heaven.

An inholding is privately owned land inside the boundary of a national park, national forest, state park, or similar publicly owned, protected area. In-holdings result from private ownership of lands predating the designation of the park or forest area, or the expansion of the park area to encompass the privately owned property.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inholding

i know of lots and lots of them.

up your way there was some and sad to say its all going to be taken over per fed govt. once the children of these land owners die thats it.the land will no longer be in families possession.himo and edna corth is one of the families.for decades he was #1 wolverine trapper in alaska.

i know of lots and lots of them.

up your way there was some and sad to say its all going to be taken over per fed govt. once the children of these land owners die thats it.the land will no longer be in families possession.himo and edna corth is one of the families.for decades he was #1 wolverine trapper in alaska.
They are on "leased" land. There is lots of "Fee Simple" in-holding land. But it requires luck or research.

I have mentioned this in past..data from 90's..my friend in Alaska told me there was a state law from back in the day saying the state had to survey and offer up for sale or auction lands to people. it was found out they had not done that so boroughs had to get to it and survey lands and start offering them up to people. it went back to a time when state was trying to encourage people to move there. going on memory these lands were posted up in post office..i think. well anyway he use to send me the flyers and articles when all this went down. he bought several of the 'lots' of land they offered up at the start.

theres some weird dealings currently going on with public lands in alaska and not going to talk in open forum about it..people can do their own research and more.

The challenges of access to “inholding” land is part of the value. While the feds are supposed to allow access through the federal land, that access can be complicated by rivers and bogs. Many of these properties can only be access by land during winter or by air. It is this type of remoteness and difficulty of access that adds value for the right people with the means to get to it.

Latest posts

Back