India's Farmers Win Struggle

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting good news, although it is true, it is far from over, India's farmers show that it wasn't without great sacrifice and they keep pushing forward.
On the back of my newly arrived Baker Heirloom Seed catalog is an article about a young farmer in Ghana who grows and supplies seeds back to Baker Seed.

I must have been too sleepy when I posted last night to change the subject to a farmer in Ghana. Sheesh.
My thoughts were leaning toward Americans not protesting what’s going on with corporate takeovers of farms and the land, foreigners buying meat farms and the processing places, and though we grumble and complain, mostly we do nothing. @Spikedriver mentioned recently that his grandfather’s farm was sold to an American farmer. That’s more good news.
This article stated police met the India farmers and families with violent force, killing hundreds. Think about that. They refused to allow takeover.
What about market prices for the crops? Weren’t prices being intentionally set too low to send them into no profit no gain?

Latest posts

Back