Infidel Dip - It's a Jihad in your mouth!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This weekend we have an annual community event that will bring in 30,000 or more additional people not to mention all the local folks who will attend. All told there will be around 150 extra LEO's on duty from other regional departments, pretty much everyone from the city PD, sheriff's office, and other smaller agencies will be working, and my department will maximize coverage plus bring in another 20-25 state officers from other districts. We commemorate this "charles frank" (local cop term for cluster ****) of an event with a huge buffet of food, drink, and other resources. The buffet will be ongoing for about 48 hours and is provided by a number of groups including the police reserves and the police wive's auxiliary. But the command staff of each department is expected to put in some time, effort, and money too. My wife will make about 10 dozen cookies and spend a solid 4-5 hours "on duty" where she will help however she can. I am going to donate several cases of soda and make my 'famous' Infidel Dip. The recipe of which I am going to post below. Someone else gave me this recipe years ago, but I kicked it up a notch and changed the name. It used to be called "Cream cheese dip". But that name did not do it justice. So I renamed it "Infidel Dip" because it's a Jihad in your mouth!

This is a single batch of the recipe, you can multiply as needed.

1lb of spicy pork sausage (browned and crumbled)
1 can of Rotel Hot (or just Rotel if you want it more mild)
1/4 cup or so of hot sauce (I use Cholula)
1 Jalapeno sliced into rings (seeds, white flesh, and the pepper itself)
1 package of Philadelphia cream cheese

Combine in slow cooker (preferably with a cooking liner) and cook on low stirring often.

Eat with your favorite tortilla chips or fried cheese 'crackers' (if you're keto).

Wish I was able to drive over for the party.

Sounds fun.
But busy.

Jim

Most officers will put in a ton of hours and make a lot of arrests starting today. So much so we have 3 additional evidence techs working and offer unlimited overtime on Monday -Wednesday just for writing reports. The food and drink is just one less thing for them to worry about. We also have a room set up with a projector and a screen where we run movies for people on mandatory down time. It's always a crazy weekend.

It sounds like a weekend that could be lots of fun, or have some big problems.

I have had this dip, but it has been a while. I used to eat it with corn chips at our Friday staff breakfasts.

I love the name you have given it! I don't think I have this recipe in my recipe blog, but I am going to add it there now.

Latest posts

Back