1. Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living. We are glad you came to visit.
    Dismiss Notice

Initial (non shooting) impression: CZ 455 Tacticool .22LR

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Haertig, Jan 6, 2018.

Help Support Homesteading Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Jan 6, 2018 #1

Haertig

Haertig

Haertig

Awesome Friend Neighbor

Nicely made. Feels solid. High quality.

Bolt: No wobble, pretty smooth, but a little stiff. Should work out with a bit of lubrication and repeated cycling.

Trigger: No take up, slight creep, clean break, no after travel. Medium pull weight.

Stock: Boyds. Benchrest style. I think I'm going to like this. LOP on the shorter side, but fine for my build.

Safety: On the bolt, easy to actuate.

Bolt handle/knob: A small typical sphere, not an oversized target knob. I don't expect any issue with scope clearance.

Bolt removal: You have to pull and hold the trigger to both insert the bolt, and to remove it. You cannot keep the trigger pulled until the bolt is all the way forward (what I usually do to relieve internal spring tension). You have to let go of the trigger to close the bolt the final 1/2".

Mag release: Works very solidly, but it's small.

Scope mounting: Standard 11mm dovetail common on .22LR rifles. I will be getting a Picatinny rail mounted, probably with a 20 moa built-in drop.

Appearance: It's a short stubby thing with only a 16-1/2" barrel. Functionally that is fine for a .22LR, but it would benefit aesthetically with a suppressor or other muzzle device to make it look longer. Comes with a threaded barrel, so easy to customize.

Balance: Very nice balance off-hand. Not that I will be shooting it that way a lot. Since the barrel is heavy profile, I think the shorter barrel length greatly enhances the balance.

If it shoots good, it will be a fine purchase!

4 people like this.
  2. Jan 6, 2018 #2

EasyCZ_tfa

EasyCZ_tfa

EasyCZ_tfa

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Neighbor

Pics or it didn’t happen. :cool:

3. Jan 7, 2018 #3

Haertig

Haertig

Haertig

Awesome Friend Neighbor

Well, I guess you're just gonna have to take my word for it that it's a nice rifle. The only photographic implement that I could readily get my hands on this morning was my Amazon Fire HD tablet. And Amazon sources their lenses for those things from Cracker Jacks boxes. So here it is, in all its glorious 1/2 kilo-pixel resolution. The Boyd's stocks that they put on these rifles are very function, but quite ugly (hence me saying it's a "nice" rifle, not a "beautiful" one). Not the normal exquisite wood you expect to see on a CZ. But one of the things that attracted me to this rifle, from the functional perspective, was indeed this very stock.

CZ.jpg

4 people like this.