• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Initial (non shooting) impression: CZ 455 Tacticool .22LR

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Nicely made. Feels solid. High quality.

Bolt: No wobble, pretty smooth, but a little stiff. Should work out with a bit of lubrication and repeated cycling.

Trigger: No take up, slight creep, clean break, no after travel. Medium pull weight.

Stock: Boyds. Benchrest style. I think I'm going to like this. LOP on the shorter side, but fine for my build.

Safety: On the bolt, easy to actuate.

Bolt handle/knob: A small typical sphere, not an oversized target knob. I don't expect any issue with scope clearance.

Bolt removal: You have to pull and hold the trigger to both insert the bolt, and to remove it. You cannot keep the trigger pulled until the bolt is all the way forward (what I usually do to relieve internal spring tension). You have to let go of the trigger to close the bolt the final 1/2".

Mag release: Works very solidly, but it's small.

Scope mounting: Standard 11mm dovetail common on .22LR rifles. I will be getting a Picatinny rail mounted, probably with a 20 moa built-in drop.

Appearance: It's a short stubby thing with only a 16-1/2" barrel. Functionally that is fine for a .22LR, but it would benefit aesthetically with a suppressor or other muzzle device to make it look longer. Comes with a threaded barrel, so easy to customize.

Balance: Very nice balance off-hand. Not that I will be shooting it that way a lot. Since the barrel is heavy profile, I think the shorter barrel length greatly enhances the balance.

If it shoots good, it will be a fine purchase!

EasyCZ_tfa

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Neighbor
Pics or it didn’t happen. :cool:

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Pics or it didn’t happen. :cool:
Well, I guess you're just gonna have to take my word for it that it's a nice rifle. The only photographic implement that I could readily get my hands on this morning was my Amazon Fire HD tablet. And Amazon sources their lenses for those things from Cracker Jacks boxes. So here it is, in all its glorious 1/2 kilo-pixel resolution. The Boyd's stocks that they put on these rifles are very function, but quite ugly (hence me saying it's a "nice" rifle, not a "beautiful" one). Not the normal exquisite wood you expect to see on a CZ. But one of the things that attracted me to this rifle, from the functional perspective, was indeed this very stock.

CZ.jpg

Latest posts

Group Builder