Inside out stuffed peppers from food storage

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthCentralUS

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I posted this on the other forum we migrated from but thought I would put it out there again since I made it today.

2 pints canned hamburger

Dehydrated red bell pepper to make 1 large

Dehydrated green bell pepper to make 2 large

Dehydrated onion to make 1 large

Tomato powder to make 3 cups tomato juice or 3 cups canned

Cooked rice and spices

Brown the hamburger, take it out of the skillet and add the rehydrated vegetables. Cook until the onion is transparent. Add back the hamburger and pour in the tomato juice. Cook a few minutes and add the rice and spices. I added 1 cup rice, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. It made a 12 inch iron skillet full. Most people would add more rice.

I have a lot of recipes to make from home dehydrated food storage. We should start a thread for recipes for these. The Bell Pepper recipe sounds good, SouthCentralUS. And I do have a number of #10 cans of home dehydrated red and green bell pepper strips. I did a ton of them when I got the peppers for 3 for $1.

I have a lot of recipes to make from home dehydrated food storage. We should start a thread for recipes for these. The Bell Pepper recipe sounds good, SouthCentralUS. And I do have a number of #10 cans of home dehydrated red and green bell pepper strips. I did a ton of them when I got the peppers for 3 for $1.
That's a great idea!

Could you post some of your recipes?

Sure. If I ever get home and out of this stupid hospital!!!
Hoping that will happen tomorrow.
I have some Rice a Roni type recipes, too, I think we posted and compared on the old site. I make a bunch of these dry mix meals and seal them in mylar. I write on the outside of the mylar bag what to do with what's inside. Store these in big tubs. Prepper Fast Food.
You should start the thread with some of your recipes, SouthCentral and we can add to them.

Latest posts

Back