Interchange in China

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
china.jpg

Looks like an amusement park ride, lol... and when ya wanna get off, ya can't find the exit, 10-4? :oops:

I've done that Dallas interchange... some of those ramps in Texas soar clear up to the heavens, and when you're driving a big rig over 'em, you feel like you're gonna go over the rail and drop 100' or more if anything goes wrong. :confused:

Same for some of those bridges in PA and other northeastern states: skinny little bridges but WAY UP HIGH, with tiny guardrails that wouldn't stop a big rig from punching through or rolling over 'em in any kind of mishap. :(

China has a lot of open country, but most of the people live in or around a major city.

Looks like an amusement park ride, lol... and when ya wanna get off, ya can't find the exit, 10-4? :oops:

I've done that Dallas interchange... some of those ramps in Texas soar clear up to the heavens, and when you're driving a big rig over 'em, you feel like you're gonna go over the rail and drop 100' or more if anything goes wrong. :confused:

Same for some of those bridges in PA and other northeastern states: skinny little bridges but WAY UP HIGH, with tiny guardrails that wouldn't stop a big rig from punching through or rolling over 'em in any kind of mishap. :(
Throw a little ice in the mix in Dallas, only time I put the local news on the TV! The roads get treated days before with salt water, then all the fools try to drive on the huge overpasses!

Not a lot of vroom-vroom there either. gas crisis?
At any rate, is every road designer on earth dropping acid or did China just copy what we did because THEY THOUGHT it looked cool?

looks like an F-bombing nightmare....

Not nearly as bad as others but anyway... I got caught in this one a few months ago. (Columbus, OH). It was under construction as well. GPS was TOTALLY lost, telling me to take ramps that didn't exist. The construction signage wasn't correct either as it was telling you the wrong lanes for certain exits.

1664902649367.png

Seattle has ramps that go nowhere.
4cJggaq-asset-mezzanine-16x9-MdP5qpg.jpg
We have a couple of those near here but they are short. They were for an interchange that was supposed to be built 70 years ago and never was. It would have been too close to a national cemetery.

Seattle has ramps that go nowhere.
4cJggaq-asset-mezzanine-16x9-MdP5qpg.jpg
Oh, I dunno. add some concrete krails and some bleachers and hold drag races and skateboard events there. at a buck a head they'll be able to finish them someday. 🤪

Latest posts

Back