Interested in "haunted places?"

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, but an awfully long way to go to have your wits scared out of you. I like my ghosts closer to home.

Tombstone, AZ and Alton, IL are supposed to be haunted although I have never had a ghostly encounter in either place.

I can say that friends of friends own an old mansion converted into a restaurant and banquet center. The mansion is reportedly haunted. They were in the gift shop when an electric fan started running on its own. Literally, on its own. They did not turn it on, and it was unplugged.

I've seen a lot of things about the Sedona, Arizona area that is really spooky, but the strangest area my wife and I ever encountered was just north and east of Craig, Colorado in an area called California Park, my wife and I saw a white deer that vanished as quick as we saw it, neither of us mentioned it until we got home and my wife asked me if there was something like white deer and my reply was, "You saw it too?, thing is we were following a huge grouse through the woods when we came across a large diameter circular cleared off area ringed with stones and at it's center was a short pole in the ground with an animal skull on top of it, needless to say the hair on the back of our necks stood on end and after a few other weird things happened, like a rifle that wouldn't fire and a .45 pistol the did when it shouldn't have and most of all the thing that, "came through" our trailer in the middle of the night, which brought my wife to say, "I want out of here now!", to which I answered, "Yes." That area had large mule deer, over 200 pounds, but with all the strange things always going on, we never came back and when we moved here to Oregon we met a guy at the mall in Medford, Oregon, he mentioned that his wife came from Hayden, Colorado, which is at the southern border of California Park and they knew the area was a spooky area.

Latest posts

Back