Intro for Skip. Male, well past 65. Retired USAF. Live in San antonio area. Looking for BOLout of state. Interested in learning more about prepping

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard.
There are a lot of knowledgeable people here.
You can get answers to just about anything.
We went to San Antonio when our son got out of basic training. Seems like a nice area but that was 24 years ago.
Interesting, I got out of there 60 years ago, took a train to Chicago and another down to the tech school 300 miles south to the Air Force Tech school in Rantoul, Ill. no one came to see me, San Antonio in February was not fun, had very little warm clothes, the cold damp air coming up out of the Gulf ran straight up the stove pipe pant legs of my fatigues during the one day training course out in the woods, The TI was surprised I did so well, guess that was because all through my youth I ran around the woods near my home. I did realize the training was no where near what the Army or Marines went through, most of the Air Force recruits wouldn't have made it through that, I couldn't believe the training was as wimpy as it was.

Back