Iodine 2.0 or upgrade antiseptic?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 8 gallons of bleach, 1 gallon rubbing alcohol, 3 quarts peroxide, 1 quart of colloidal silver, 1 pound of table salt. No iodine .
50 rolls of TP.
That sounds good. I was able to find a gallon of iodine in the farm area for udders. It's only 5% where my over priced medical iodine small bottles were 11% but I say good enough. I paid about the same for 8oz of that vs my gallon of 5%.....which was $12.

Tincture of iodine 2% is good enough to sterilize water and wounds. I've never even seen 11%...
Oh good! They had some cheap mix that was "no sting" 1% iodine. I thought iodine always stings but it must be so diluted then they had 5% gallon or sevendine or something that was 7% iodine mixed with some other disinfectants like alcohol but in a 32oz bottle.

I guess my iodine is between 1-2% timetable so I shouldn't pour in deep wounds and seal with gauze because it can absorb and mess up thyroid. I'll cross that bridge if I get there I guess. Thanks for recommending the farm section I should have thought of that!

Since salt doesn't spoil I keep a few 10 pound bags on hand year round.

Back