Is It Just Me Or Is It Pretty Fun Starting Over (new Forum)?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomzoom

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In the last few days of being here, it's been a blast (for me) starting over again.

Many familiar faces and friends as well as new acquaintances but with all the intro threads, it's like I'm meeting you all over again. We're posting things that may have been posted years ago but over there, that info may have gotten buried over the years.

For the posting pictures thread, I've been going through my computer and find old pictures which has brought back personal memories.

We're starting new threads on old subjects and that's blown the dust out of my brain re-reading things I haven't thought about in ages as well as new thoughts.

Anyway, glad to be here and I love clicking "New Posts" and seeing a ton of new things to read.

Carry on!

I don't like negative change or not all the change going on today, but I do like positive change. And this place is a positive change to me. But I also liked PS and hated seeign it go downhill.

It is not uncommon to pack and move somewhere else for a new start. It's very uncommon to get the entire neighborhood to pack and move somewhere else for a new start.
sun.gif
Just enough old and just enough new to make a vibrant flourishing community. Hopefully it continues to grow.

I like change too as long as it doesn't affect me! ;D

It is also a bit tiresome.

Young, barely dry behind the ears when I got voted on to the Church Board. After 5 years of me asking, "How much" and "Why doesn't the Church have a budget?" they made me Treasurer. Took another 20 years for the church to become debt free and operating in the Black! Credit goes to the Board for adopting a annual budget and not firing me (volunteer position) for holding their feet to the fire. Then a young Pastor that is energized and has a modern way of doing things. One by one the older Conservatives Board members were replaced (including me) with the "Now" generation. Unrealistic budgets (IMHO) and no longer operating in the Black. Attendance is going slowly going down. Been going there for almost 50 years...

Donate a lot of my time and some money over the years to help build up a gun club. We moved to a new location and membership doubled. Then the Property Owner rustled the club away, "My way or the highway". Now I'm helping the survivors to rebuild at a different location using a little of my time and very little of my money.

I just getting tired of helping just to watch things go "poof" with time. Then I remember that our time in this life is just a blink of God's eye when compared with eternity. Change is good..................even if it does affect me.

Normally I hate change. . . I am a very routine person, but I am glad I packed my bags and moved along with this community. I like the fact everyone here makes you feel welcomed. Just like stopping in at a friends house to grab a cup of coffee.

Normally I hate change. . . I am a very routine person, but I am glad I packed my bags and moved along with this community. I like the fact everyone here makes you feel welcomed. Just like stopping in at a friends house to grab a cup of coffee.

I agree. Change is usually hard. This has been fun. In less than a week there has been a mutiny in our former community. Being the prepared people we are, we were more prepared for this move than we thought and we have done it with grace and joy!

I signed on to TalkFirearms when the honorable admin/mods/staff got fed up with CMG and Chris of many handles at GlockForum. I then found this to be a sister site run and inhabited by several of the people I am familiar with. I'm not known for making wise decisions but this will have to go in the plus column. Although we had a survival/prep section on GF there is so much more varied info here and I'm excited to become a part of this new community. Most well done to those responsible for setting up both sites.

Latest posts

Back