Is SOME amount of Vinegar good for you daily........???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
If yes (note: I know zero about vinegar) how much is good.......and how much is bad for a human.

YES!! Drink a cup or two or Apple Cider Vinegar everyday! Vinegar is an anti inflammatory, anti cancer agent (stops tumor growth), antibacterium, helps good gut bacteria! Good when rubbed on your skin! If I stop typing and do a little homework, I'll find a thousand things it's good for!!

Pearl that’s a lot! Yep a tablespoon of natural ACV is good. It’s really the fermenting cultures- kumbacha (sp?), sour kraut, pickles etc are all good, again if natural. Most people eating the standard American diet don’t get enough of those cultures. One other thing to be cognizant of is that different folks have different pHs so some need more than others. I would say a tbl per day is a good start. It will take about 3 weeks before you notice real changes other than gut function might improve within a few days.
That’s as much as I know. Oh and avc is easy to make.

YES!! Drink a cup or two or Apple Cider Vinegar everyday! Vinegar is an anti inflammatory, anti cancer agent (stops tumor growth), antibacterium, helps good gut bacteria! Good when rubbed on your skin! If I stop typing and do a little homework, I'll find a thousand things it's good for!!
A cup or two of straight up vinegar or some vinegar in your water.

You want raw ACV, with the mother, not the distilled vinegar you get in the gallon jugs. It is a probiotic. Other probiotics are yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, sauerkraut, and a few other things I can't remember. You don't want things like kraut in a can as the culture has been killed. You want your kraut from the refrigerated section, better yet make your own it is easy. I've made my own kraut and vinegar.

what was it back in the day they use to make..i seen my grandparents drink it for awhile...jogging in a jug...probably hasnt been on store shelf in decades...lol

“Dr” John Christopher, master herbalist, suggested using ACV daily mixed with molasses, cayenne and maybe honey. I have used it sporadically. My LH had used it years ago on a regular basis but I forget how it helped his health. I have mentioned it here before. @Sourdough

I make lemon ice tea with the drink bottle powder 2 liter at a time.. Occasionally I add 1-2 tea spoons of apple cider vinegar.. It makes a nice change in taste but not enough to be a GI system up set for me..

If I'm having heartburn/acid reflux, I'll mix an ounce or two of ACV with the mother in a cup of hot water, once a day, for a few days and that'll get rid of it for a long time. My pops has drank it in hot water every day for years. He's 89 and going strong. I'm not convinced ACV has lots of different health benefits but I'm positive it's good for gut health and I don't think it has any downsides...

“Dr” John Christopher, master herbalist, suggested using ACV daily mixed with molasses, cayenne and maybe honey. I have used it sporadically. My LH had used it years ago on a regular basis but I forget how it helped his health. I have mentioned it here before. @Sourdough
Isn’t it called haymaker’s punch?

I haven’t finished reading comments- someone might have said that 🤪

I like a bit of mild apple cider vinegar in certain beers.
but I've also used hot sauce, soy sauce, lemon and lime juice and Worchester sauce.

Anyone ever make vinegar bread?

We learned that if you wash some fruits and vegetables with white vinegar they will last much longer. Strawberries, broccoli, and cauliflower are the ones we fine benefit the most.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back