Is There Something Going On With The Internet?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viking

I know a lot of things, but master very few
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I've been trying numerous times to get on Firearmstalk and Yahoo, both to no avail, however I've gotten on some other sites with no problem, including this one. Anyone else having problems?

Not so far.
A friend from back east tried to send me, in a text, a photo of food on Saturday and it didn't come through to me EVER except the part that said "Fwd:" but not until yesterday did I receive it. It said sending on the transmitter's end for 3 days. She couldn't access my number to call me or text me. Turned off phone, back on, nothing, still sending. She could access all other phone numbers, etc. except mine.

I've been trying numerous times to get on Firearmstalk and Yahoo, both to no avail, however I've gotten on some other sites with no problem, including this one. Anyone else having problems?
There is always a lot going on with the 'Web'.
DNS attacks can take numerous transmission servers offline all the time.
The whole idea of a 'web' design is if there is a hole knocked in one part of it, the data just flows around the hole. This works great until 2 states worth of data ends up being routed thru some small obscure place, like Pocatello Idaho.
Their equipment becomes overwhelmed and grinds to a crawl or stops.
The good news is, the problem is usually fixed in hours or a day.
The internet is the most reliable communication system in the USA... that Al Gore ever invented :D.

Latest posts

Back