Is this Whats Causing Soldiers Suicide 22 Kill Themselves Everyday!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I heard on a radio show about 17 years ago that our vets are being giving these drugs for over 70 years now.I use to take a V.Nam vet to VA to get his meds in the early 1970s and he was a walking zombie they had him on so many drugs,He was shot twice on first tour,insisted on going back and seconfd tour he was shot again so they discharged him but his body was fine just PTSD from the war,He killed himself in 1981.A discussion about these Bezos and other drugs that can acturally cause suicide and total hell to get off of.
Now one of my 30 yr old grandaughter is taking benzos and I'm very concerned but she won't discuss getting off. Especially listen to 17minutes into video click to that part.

Basically she is talking about the biase at NYT and major media but also goes into detail about the over use of these types of drugs. Not all bad of course they can help some people.But most don't really need them.

https://www.healio.com/news/psychia...-ptsd-more-likely-to-attempt-complete-suicide

Veterans with PTSD who received benzodiazepines were more than twice as likely to die due to suicide and were almost twice as likely to have medically documented suicide attempts than patients without benzodiazepine exposure, according to study findings.

Benzodiazepine users also had higher rates of health care utilization, findings published in Journal of Clinical Psychiatry revealed.

“Although benzodiazepines can provide short-term relief for anxiety, they are not recommended for the treatment of PTSD, in part because they are note effective in treating the four core symptom clusters of PTSD,” Rishi Deka, PhD, from VA San

I know a couple of guys who served in Northern Ireland during "the troubles", they were given drugs too.

Some of our brothers can't live with things they have seen.

Others get by.

Jim

I was about to post a bit more detailed reply with many more words, but this is the essence of what is happening. You live with it or you don’t.

I lost a friend a couple weeks ago that was also struggling with now being label by the progressives as deplorable in this new purge of the military while struggling with what he saw and did on seven deployment. It’s not going to get better. He was a few weeks away from retirement after a long career.

Some of our brothers can't live with things they have seen.

Others get by.

Jim

Thisis true according to what I know from reading or talking to them over the years.
But men see this in all wars,my ex father in law told some horrible story's about WW11,

But they didn't have big pharma and VAs turning them into drug addicts so they were'nt killing themselves everyday like these do now.
I have a fantastic grand daughter who always did everything right and now she can't handle how hard it is to find work after years of college,study plus working full time job.She just marrid a couple years ago and now she is on these damn Dr. prescribed drugs and asking her mon to get a script for her. Which of course she said NO.
Stones even wrote a song about the things in the 60s. Mothers Little Helper.
Some peopel actually need them for acute illness but not a lifetime. Just don't increase the dose. Only take when needed.:dunno:

Last edited:
Thisis true according to what I know from reading or talking to them over the years.
But men see this in all wars,my ex father in law told some horrible story's about WW11,

But they didn't have big pharma and VAs turning them into drug addicts so they were'nt killing themselves everyday like these do now.
I have a fantastic grand daughter who always did everything right and now she can't handle how hard it is to find work after years of college,study plus working full time job.She just marrid a couple years ago and now she is on these damn Dr. prescribed drugs and asking her mon to get a script for her. Which of course she said NO.
Stones even wrote a song about the things in the 60s. Mothers Little Helper.
Some peopel actually need them for acute illness but not a lifetime. Just don't increase the dose. Only take when needed.:dunno:
https://www.healio.com/news/psychia...-ptsd-more-likely-to-attempt-complete-suicide

Veterans with PTSD who received benzodiazepines were more than twice as likely to die due to suicide and were almost twice as likely to have medically documented suicide attempts than patients without benzodiazepine exposure, according to study findings.

Benzodiazepine users also had higher rates of health care utilization, findings published in Journal of Clinical Psychiatry revealed.

“Although benzodiazepines can provide short-term relief for anxiety, they are not recommended for the treatment of PTSD, in part because they are note effective in treating the four core symptom clusters of PTSD,” Rishi Deka, PhD, from VA San
Benzos can help a lot of things. I personally do not like them, at least in the form of Xanax. I was prescribed Xanax years ago when I was in a tough spot and couldn't sleep. It helped me sleep, all right. Knocked me right on my keester. I found out later the doc gave me about triple what I should have started on, but I didn't know any better so I didn't question it. It felt almost exactly the same as taking Vicodin. And I felt hung over as hell the next morning. No thanks. After the second night I never took it again...

Benzos can help a lot of things. I personally do not like them, at least in the form of Xanax. I was prescribed Xanax years ago when I was in a tough spot and couldn't sleep. It helped me sleep, all right. Knocked me right on my keester. I found out later the doc gave me about triple what I should have started on, but I didn't know any better so I didn't question it. It felt almost exactly the same as taking Vicodin. And I felt hung over as hell the next morning. No thanks. After the second night I never took it again...

Good you got offt hem,as I said my MIL took only when needed on a really bad day like her daughter calling her drinking at times.She did take sleeping pils when she got older and her husband passed.

Back