• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Issues with new upgrade

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Intermittent speed problem here too.

Angie

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
The forum did slow down to virtual stop last evening. Once I contacted server guy (as someone told me it was happening), it was corrected.

Also, to show a photo, please use the Attach Files button on bottom left of posting box. Or use a copy and paste of the image. If you use that link icon above it won't work right unless you are linking to an image on a different location on the internet.

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The forum did slow down to virtual stop last evening. Once I contacted server guy (as someone told me it was happening), it was corrected.

Also, to show a photo, please use the Attach Files button on bottom left of posting box. Or use a copy and paste of the image. If you use that link icon above it won't work right unless you are linking to an image on a different location on the internet.
Any other options, those are not reliable.

Angie

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
I have not had any problems on the forums I admin with that Attach file or copy and paste. The link works fine also if it's to another location.

Can you describe how you find it unreliable.

zoomzoom

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I think this is correct...

If you're using the link option to post an image:
If that site requires a membership to see the images on their site:
If a member on this site doesn't have a membership on that site:
We can't see the image here.

A big one for me is when people link to FaceBook images. I'm not on FaceBook so I never get to see them.

Not sure but I think the picture below is on a site that requires membership to see the image.
Can anyone see this?

Angie

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
I do not see the image, I must not belong.

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I try to copy/paste or I try to attach. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't work, Sometimes it looks like it works but when I hit "Post reply" it doesn't post the picture but it posts any verbiage.

If I try to copy from a post sometimes it works, sometime it works for some destinations, sometimes it looks like it posts, sometimes it just won't paste. I have pretty much quit sharing to or from here.

Patchouli

Patriot
Neighbor
@zoomzoom I can't see the image in your post either.
Lately when I sign off it looks like I'm still signed in, yet it will not allow me to do anything. It will still even post notifications but I can't access the info.
This a.m. when I went to get on, no sign in was necessary.

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Red X over a small icon image of a picture.
No it doesn't come through. Linking to a picture on your own computer won't work unless you are online

zoomzoom

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Red X over a small icon image of a picture.
No it doesn't come through. Linking to a picture on your own computer won't work unless you are online
I linked the image from a web site that requires membership to view them.

There's a few images in the Jokes thread that were just posted. When I first read the thread, no images appeared. I just went back and I can now see them. Wondering if there may be a lag at times to get the image to this site.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I found another little issue @Angie Old software... if I typed a reply in the box at the bottom of the page... but decided not to reply. If I logged out and then back in the text I typed in that box would disappear.

Now... If I type a reply and decide not to reply the text stays in the box for days. There is no way to delete it. I log out and back in several times, then go to that thread... The text is still in the box waiting for me to select "Post reply".

How do I delete the "non-reply" for the box at the bottom of the page of that thread.

Patchouli

Patriot
Neighbor
I've seen similar things, @Peanut. Seem like glitches in the system. This week I also had the thing where I'd log in, go to a thread and the thread would jump to somewhere I wasn't asking to go. Usually it will go to the next post where I last read or saw a post. I was going to report it if it continued, but it didn't.

Angie

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
Not a glitch. It's a remember so you can come back to it. Let me go check a setting and either cut to something like 30 minutes or not at all.

ETA: changed it to one hour. So it won't be there for 24 hours as it was set. Now if others fuss about not having it, I may need to amend it a bit again.

Patchouli

Patriot
Neighbor
No, it was doing that thing where it would jump on a thread I had posted in, then jump to the wrong spot. I'm sorry that I'm not coherent or able to express myself well enough today. It's a real thing. Maybe I should do something besides typing communications. Lol

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
As far as the unsent reply if you delete the text in the reply and then hit reply it will tell you to enter a proper reply and then you can go on. The "remembered" message is gone.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Not a glitch. It's a remember so you can come back to it. Let me go check a setting and either cut to something like 30 minutes or not at all.

ETA: changed it to one hour. So it won't be there for 24 hours as it was set. Now if others fuss about not having it, I may need to amend it a bit again.
Thanks... I sometimes will have multiple tabs open to threads I'm going to reply to. I'll type all my replies in a single word document (spellcheck, syntax). One night I miss copied replies to the wrong threads but didn't hit reply to any of them. I couldn't get the mistakes to go away, they just kept confusing me.

I even cut the text out, then typed gibberish (literally) in each one... looked later and the original text is there again but not the word "gibberish". (which means the software remembers the original version of a non post but not a rewritten version)

A couple days went by before I had clean reply boxes again.

Last edited:

Angie

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
Are you still having the replies hanging around when not sent? I'm not seeing it working.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Are you still having the replies hanging around when not sent? I'm not seeing it working.
I wrote a message here this morning but didn't send it. It erased after an hour. Other folks might want to keep their unsent messages longer. I thought there was some kind of bug because mine were still there the next day. That seems a bit much... You folks decide whats best.

Thanks!

Angie

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
It use to be 24 hours, I think I cut it down to 1 hour to give a time for doing editing, but not have it hang on too long.
It's adjustable, but I'm trying to keep the most as happy as I can.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Honestly I don't know if it is me or the site making my typing jump around and not be able to correct typos. I do know that it only happens now and then so I feel like it is a problem with the site 'at times'.

havasu

Internet Constable
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Titles are the only things you cannot edit, as long as the edit time has not expired.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Not sure what it isbut it works ok for hubby.No little orange yellow following curser.Plus can't play some videos he can play.:dunno:

Latest posts