"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- George S. Patton

I don't mourn them, I celebrate the fact that they gave the ultimate sacrafice so that we may elect the buffoons that are in office now. I may not like what they are doing but we also have the right to send the buffoons packing.

Poor Patton didn't have a very good end. Survived all the battle fields and got killed by one of his own armored trucks.

He did make a mistake though against the WW1 Bonus Army vets in Washington DC. Some orders shouldn't be followed,imo. Oath to the constitution to protect against all enemies both foreign and domestic, not the leaders who always have an agenda.

We always give thanks to those who have served in the services past and present and we give thanks to God for them and their service. Our RSL president served in Vietnam along with others we know, DH on peace keeping duties in multiple countries. I always pray that all our men and women in the services will come back to their loved ones uninjured.

Memorial Day is just one day that is set aside to honor those who gave all they had for our freedom. For me, every day is for remembering those who have given all to the cause of liberty.

I always pause to give thanks to all the many thousands who gave the ultimate sacrifice. My dad was KIA 4/1/1966 in CuChi Vietnam.

BacP sorry to hear about losing your dad so early. That war took a lot of good men.
A anti-war spiter stuck its head in my car window when stopped at bridge and I rolled the window up on the fool.
I wasn't fro the war but I was for the men and nobody insulted a vet around me. I also visited many in VA and had many friends and family in that war too. :heart:

Good for you Meer. I would have driven a ways and let the protesters keep up, whe they were trespassing.
Yeah we lost way to many in that war. And probly multiplez of that amount as a result of it. I personally know of several in my dads outfit that died in their 50s from. AGENT Orange. All the ones left are all 100% disabled due to it. Some of their kids even have birth defects from it.

Good for you Meer. I would have driven a ways and let the protesters keep up, whe they were trespassing.
Yeah we lost way to many in that war. And probly multiplez of that amount as a result of it. I personally know of several in my dads outfit that died in their 50s from. AGENT Orange. All the ones left are all 100% disabled due to it. Some of their kids even have birth defects from it.

I know all about that Agent Orange poison! My best friend for over 60 years hubby passed from that stuff in his early 50s. He was sick since he came back from Nam at 17.
Vets are commiting suicide every day now. They say 20 a day. It is so sad to me. I know a few who did that too.

I know all about that Agent Orange poison! My best friend for over 60 years hubby passed from that stuff in his early 50s. He was sick since he came back from Nam at 17.
Vets are commiting suicide every day now. They say 20 a day. It is so sad to me. I know a few who did that too.

Correction.
Cousin went to Nam at 17. got out at 21.

My father has agent orange issues and he's convinced that my daughters issues are from it too but the gov doesn't acknowledge problems from children and grand children of males service members. Only female, so if it had been my mother exposed the kid would be covered.

Terri, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if your kids aren't affected from it. One guy I know has three kids affected, two of them have kids with similar issues. The strange thing to me is the soldiers mostly have skin and lung problems, at least the ones I know. But the kids have all kinds of stuff. Alot of them have mental issues, digestion, it sort of runs the gamut. But does seem genetic.

I am confident that Agent Orange was declared a safe-for-the-troops defoliant by people who never had expectations of going in-country.

IIRC Round up is one of the products that came from Agent Orange. Also there were other Agents as well, different chemical blends, all defoliants, all deadly.

"they gave all their yesterday's for your tomorrow".

Yep, that's how it worked out. Applied to the Vietnam War, a lot of that gift was the result of choosing between serving or running. Staying home and bitchin' at LBJ wasn't in it for most of them.
Using the draft to send youngsters to Vietnam was a major federal crime - by the Feds.

Back