It's been a good year!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesY

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We harvested 4 deer this year. With 6 of us, we eat alot through the year. Luckily we haven't had to buy beef since November.....2016! :D

20171124_174553.jpg
20171203_174533.jpg
20180107_174047.jpg

I couldn't get all the turkeys in the pic. There were over 70. That was a heck of a day. We seen around 20 deer, most of them bucks in one herd. We had already gotten our buck for the year but the boy pulled a 150 yard shot off and got a doe for the freezer.

Attachments

• 20180107_160247.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Other than chicken and shrimp, we haven't had to buy meat in years. I know what an accomplishment and great reward that feels like. Do you have a lease where you hunt?

Love the fact you get your kids involved with knowing where their food comes from. . . heck, even some adults have no clue! I work at a grocery store and told a coworker older than me about killing off all the roosters for the freezer. . . her response, why didn't you buy them from here so no chickens had to die! Really!! Makes no sense whatsoever.

Other than chicken and shrimp, we haven't had to buy meat in years. I know what an accomplishment and great reward that feels like. Do you have a lease where you hunt?

Love the fact you get your kids involved with knowing where their food comes from. . . heck, even some adults have no clue! I work at a grocery store and told a coworker older than me about killing off all the roosters for the freezer. . . her response, why didn't you buy them from here so no chickens had to die! Really!! Makes no sense whatsoever.
We hunt a lease, but I don't pay for it. Way too expensive for us. If that were the case we would raise goats or something.

Latest posts

Back