It's time

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearl

Finder of lost things AND The Boss
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I can't even see to post this through the tears! Making a mobile vet appointment, my girl can hardly stand up? I am in shreds! I can't do this, and I can't let her suffer! I don't know if it will happen before Monday....I may be back here later, right now I got her up on the bed, going to spend some time with her!

I can't even see to post this through the tears! Making a mobile vet appointment, my girl can hardly stand up? I am in shreds! I can't do this, and I can't let her suffer! I don't know if it will happen before Monday....I may be back here later, right now I got her up on the bed, going to spend some time with her!
I am so sorry, Pearl. Hugs!

I had to do the same a few months back and I still can't say her name without crying.

Hugs and prayers.

Sorry to hear, Pearl.

I have dug a few holes in my life. Shed more than a few tears at my companions passing, still do. I always took solace though. God did not want our companions to live as long as we do. He made our time with them shorter so we could share part of our life with more of them. When the time is right, God will send another one of his creations to share another part of your life with.

The title of your thread is very appropriate. Sometimes it is just their time to go, and you certainly don't want them to suffer.

Sending you all the love and prayers to help you get through.

Sorry Pearl.
It's sad that the life cycle of our canine FRIENDS is shorter than us humans.

Cherish the memories.

You may know that wife and I started another puppy life with us. This time I'm afraid it's gonna be the other way around. You are losing one as we gain one.

Prayers for you to get comfort during this hard time.

Jim

Sorry you have to deal with this, it's never easy. But I must commend you for being there, so may people just take them somewhere and drop them off.

My heart breaks for you Pearl. :huggs:

I feel your pain. We just had to go through this with our girl. I can't even type this without tears rolling down my face. Giving them a peaceful passing with our arms wrapped around them is the most loving and humane thing we can do. It's so hard to do, but be comforted by the fact that you will see her again and you'll both be filled with joy when that time comes. Prayers going out to you and your family for your pain and loss.

Last edited:
Ugh, Sorry to hear, Mz Pearl.. They Truly Are Family..

If / when she has to 'go', tell her to 'look up my old Boy, Indy', he'll take her out (Gentlemanly, I assure ;) and they can spend many more years chasing rabbits together.. :cool:

Indy.jpg

jd

Im so sorry to hear about what your going through right now Pearl. Doing the "right" thing can be so hard to do.
We still miss our Gus every minute of the day. His 13 years with us was far too short.
A couple weeks after he left us we put a deposit down on a new puppy. It wasn't that we wanted a new puppy right away, but we knew that it could take up to a year to get one.

oh pearl im so sorry. ui know this it terrible painful and your heart must be breaking. i am praying for you all. if its any comfort your beloved will be in heaven waiting for you. i know mine are.
God bless you pearl
sending you a hug
Thank you my friend💗

Pearl I’m so sorry you and yours are going through this. I’m in tears because I understand - every day I wonder if it’s the day I have to make the same choice for our old blind girl. I must say, though, that I have good memories of when I had to make the same decision for my son’s cat. Being with her, holding her as she crossed that rainbow bridge, was such an honor.

You are such a loving and expressive person, Pearl. There’s no way your sweet girl doesn’t know how much you love her. I have no doubt that she is grateful for the good life you’ve provided her, and she loves you with all her heart. I bet in her own way she understands how hard this is for you, and loves you even more. She’d take away the difficulty if she could.
God bless

Latest posts

Back