• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

IWI Masada 9mm

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This is not a review of the IWI Masada, but more of my thoughts after my first exposure to one.

The Masada has the slide length of a compact but the grip length of a full size, but it feels very good in the hand and has sleek lines. The grip inserts not only change the hump but the girth as well. The gun sort of reminds me of something half way between the S&W M&P and the Beretta APX. The sights are very basic but far better than what you get on a Glock, I would not keep the stock sights for very long and I don't believe anyone is making after market sights yet. It has an optics cut ready to go and includes polymer optic plates, which is different. The trigger, while always subjective, is similar to an XD-9 or slightly improved M&P M1.0. It has front serrations, which I like, and all of the controls are basic and easy to use. It is truly ambi and not just sort of ambi so I imagine left handed shooters will like it. It is very easy to shoot and very easy to shoot well, as long as you are expecting average to above average combat accuracy. Overall this is a combat grade handgun that would work equally as well in a duty holster, concealment holster, glove box, night stand, etc.

Also, just in case you noticed, the Masada's with an angled trigger guard are all pre-production. The models with a flat front trigger guard, are all production models. This was done for the American market and our love of weapon mounted lights. The flat front let's the light sit father back on the rail making it easier to reach with your finger.

pix132002821.jpg

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I forgot to mention the Masada is priced at $385 if you have a badge. Not much more if you don't.

masada.jpg

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Is there a ‘circumcision discount’ for those not in law enforcement? :rolleyes:
I have seen them on sale for the same price. Normal street price around here is still only $425, which is a helluva bargain.

Latest posts