James Dean to be reincarnated in full-body CGI for upcoming Vietnam War movie

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
https://taskandpurpose.com/james-dean-cgi-vietnam-movie

James Dean to be reincarnated in full-body CGI for upcoming Vietnam War movie about 10,000 abandoned military dogs
Jami Ganz, New York Daily News
November 06, 2019 at 05:20 PM

Entertainment

Sixty-four years after James Dean's fatal car crash, Hollywood has a new role for the "Rebel Without a Cause."

With the help of "full-body" CGI, which uses real footage and photos, Dean, who died in 1955 at age 24, will posthumously play Rogan in the live action Vietnam era-film, "Finding Jack," according to The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday. The film, adapted from Gareth Crocker's 2011 novel of the same name, focuses on the over 10,000 military dogs abandoned following the end of the Vietnam War.

American actor James Dean (1931 - 1955) lies in the dirt with his head leaning on his hand, 1950s. (Photo by Hulton Archive/Getty Images/TNS)

Dean's family granted the new independent production house Magic City Films — started by the film's co-directors Anton Ernst and Tati Golykh — the right to use the "East of Eden" star's image.

Ernst explained that he and Golykh chose Dean after "months of research" and "search(ing) high and low" for the actor to play Rogan and his "extreme complex character arcs."

Ernst added that the pair "will take every precaution to ensure that his legacy as one of the most epic film stars to date is kept firmly intact" and Dean's family "views this as his fourth movie, a movie he never got to make. We do not intend to let his fans down."

The directors plan to recreate "a realistic version of James Dean," who will be voiced by another actor.

At the time of publication, IMDb had not revealed any other cast members.

Let the man rest in peace. My God, it's like the Democrats digging someone up so they can vote.

I am all for it, and for one reason only. CGI James Dean will hopefully not have a friggen' liberal opinion about everything and a gazillion dollars to fund the stupidity. I imagine a future with no over-paid actors and all CGI manufactured characters. Movies will be made in computer labs and not on location. Then celebrities will only exist in screens.

Let the man rest in peace. My God, it's like the Democrats digging someone up so they can vote.
HEY! Don't mess with my voters!!!
We need every one we can dig up:rolleyes:.

Sincerely;
Bernie Sanders

On the serious side, with AI, this is something that we will see a lot more of in the future.
Think of it from Hollywood's point:
What millennial age actor can even come close to being as great as John Wayne or a young Clint Eastwood?
They got nothin'!!!
Using CGI to re-animate long-gone greats is their only hope.
Same goes for scripts.
They suck too and don't sell tickets.
Coming soon: Star Wars, Episode 28!!!
clapslow.gif

Same goes for scripts.
They suck too and don't sell tickets.
Coming soon: Star Wars, Episode 28!!!

Not to mention reboots of every series ever made, only now starring a pansexual minority and/or feminist with really short hair. Like the new black female James Bond.

Not to mention reboots of every series ever made, only now starring a pansexual minority and/or feminist with really short hair. Like the new black female James Bond.
Yeah, we have 7 movies called "ALIENS" out there now:rolleyes:, because they can't think up anything new that does not sux.
Here's the awesome replacement for Sigourney Weaver:
330px-Katherine_Waterston_%2828612937635%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Woop-te-dam-do:(.
I don't think it's even possible for her to look 'angry'.

Like this:
1*8pHIBQAR2x-oHBW3pH8kDA.jpeg

Real script:
"Ripley’s expression is one you hope you’ll never see…
Hell hath no fury like that of a mother protecting her
child and that primal, murderous rage surges through her
now, banishing all fear.

RIPLEY
Get away from her, you b*tch!

The Queen SCREECHES pure lethality and leaps.

WALLOP! A roundhouse from one great hydraulic arm catches
it on its hideous skull and slams it into a wall. It
rebounds into a massive backhand. CRASH! It goes
backward into heavy loading equipment.

RIPLEY
(screaming)
Come on!"
power-loader-exoskeleton-aliens.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back