Jayme Closs found alive in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'News of the Day' started by GrannyG, Jan 10, 2019.

Help Support Homesteading Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Jan 10, 2019 #1

GrannyG

GrannyG

GrannyG

Awesome Friend Neighbor Contributor

MoBookworm1957 and Meerkat like this.
  2. Jan 10, 2019 #2

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

https://www.weau.com/content/news/J...mdmyQEboYf0SfKl2JX3bJFGuZ9eqwRlAiNLjKh9tiLXvA

On Thursday evening the Barron County Sheriff’s Department was notified by the Douglas CO WI Sheriff’s Department that they had located Jayme Closs alive.

Shortly after this a suspect was taken into custody in regards to this case. We do not any other details at this time as this is a very fluid and active investigation. We will not be answering any questions or taking calls on this tonight.

We are planning a press briefing approximately 10 am tomorrow at the Sheriff’s Department in Barron. We are receiving support from the FBI and WI DCI agents as this investigation continues.

We want to thank the Douglas Co Sheriff’s Department and agencies assisting them tonight. We also want to thank all the Law Enforcement agencies across the state and county that have assisted us in this case. We also could not have endured this case without the support of the public and I want to thank them for all the support and help.

Finally we want to especially thank the family for their support and patience while this case was ongoing. We promised to bring Jayme home and tonight we get to fulfill that promise. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!

This case has been very trying on the family so please respect their privacy and we reunite them later tonight.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  3. Jan 11, 2019 #3

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke Neighbor Contributor

They didn't locate her. She indirectly notified the LE where she was.

If I was betting your pay check, I'd bet she:

1. Met a older "boyfriend" online.
    2. Complained to the boyfriend about her parents.
    3. Parents caught the boyfriend and their daughter in a compromising position (sexual).
    4. Parents threaten to have the boyfriend arrested.
    5. Boyfriend killed the parents.
    6. The joy of the moment and living with a unemployed and abusive "boyfriend" wore off.
    7. Daughter decided her new life was not so great after all, is going to claim no knowledge and push all the blame on the abductor (boyfriend).

4. Jan 11, 2019 #4

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Most of those ideas have gone through my mind as well. Time will tell what really happened.

8. She killed her parents and went to her boyfriend's place to hideout.

5. Jan 11, 2019 #5

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Currently it sounds more like an abduction to me.

https://www.weau.com/content/news/J...mdmyQEboYf0SfKl2JX3bJFGuZ9eqwRlAiNLjKh9tiLXvA

A Wisconsin couple is describing the dramatic moments when a neighbor pounded on their door to say she had stumbled across Jayme Closs, a 13-year-old girl who had been missing nearly three months.

Kristin and Peter Kasinskas say their neighbor had a skinny, dirty girl with matted hair standing next to her. The neighbor shouted, "This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!"

Peter Kasinskas says Jayme was quiet and showed little emotion. He says she told them she didn't know where she was or anything about Gordon, the small town near where she was found.

Jayme's parents were killed in October at the family's home near Barron and Jayme went missing. The place where she was found is a little more than an hour's drive to the north.

Authorities say they have a suspect in custody and planned to release more information Friday.

A town official says a Wisconsin girl who turned up safe after being missing nearly three months was found in a small forested area of cabin-like homes about 6 miles east of the small Town of Gordon.

Jayme Closs was found Thursday afternoon in northwestern Wisconsin, about 65 miles north of where her parents were shot to death and Jayme vanished from their home in October.

Denny Kline, board chairman in the Town of Gordon, says he first learned Jayme was found while listening to a police scanner, which he has for work. He says he heard Jayme was walking down the road and someone stopped near her.

Kline says he heard on the scanner that Jayme told them who she was, and they brought her to their home.

The Associated Press was not able to verify Kline's account with authorities late Thursday.

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Wis. (WEAU) -- Douglas County Sheriff Tom Dalbec made the following post on Facebook Thursday night:

"I am very pleased to announce that Jayme Closs was located late this afternoon within Douglas County. I cannot release anymore details at this time as the investigation is ongoing. Great job to the members of the DGSO who helped in locating Jayme and the citizen who phoned in the information."

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Wis. (WEAU) --The Douglas County Sheriff's Office said Closs was located in The Town of Gordon, which is in the far southern part of the county, at 4:43 p.m. A suspect was arrested at 4:54 p.m., also in Gordon. Officials did not release any other information about how Closs was found.

6. Jan 11, 2019 #6

GrannyG

GrannyG

GrannyG

7. Jan 11, 2019 #7

Meerkat

Meerkat

Meerkat

Glad she is alive and hope they find out what happened.

8. Jan 12, 2019 #8

JAC

JAC

JAC

Awesome Friend Neighbor Neighbor

So I saw video this morning of the Sheriff and the School board head who were both being commended for all the hard work that they put in to this case. WTH? They didn't do anything. The girl came to the Sheriff. He was eating it up though!

Meerkat and Weedygarden like this.
  9. Jan 12, 2019 #9

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

I have seen that happen more than once. I think there is relief that she was alive, found or not, after all the time spent looking for her.

10. Jan 13, 2019 at 8:52 AM #10

havasu

havasu

havasu

Internet Constable Staff Member Admin Moderator Contributor

I also felt the sheriff was tooting his own horn a bit much.

11. Jan 13, 2019 at 9:34 AM #11

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

Weedygarden

I am sure there is much more to be found out about this. Man who abducted her has been arrested. Evidently she didn't know him prior to his murdering her parents and abducting her.