Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a found it..jpg

One evening when I was on an Aircraft carrier we went to dinner. They were serving surf and turf. The lights were all turned down low. Everyone started yelling turn on the lights. The Chief said he was just trying to set an ambiance. With 5000 guys on a ship, in the middle of the ocean, the last thing we needed or wanted was ambiance.

So that's why I have trouble sleeping. I can remember more useless crap than you can imagine.
XXG404 license plate number of my 1971 Dodge Demon that was totaled out in 1973.
UK3035 Dad's truck license plate number, he died in 2003 and the truck was sold then.
Phone numbers, addresses and old numbers from years ago.
But I have to think about what I had for supper last night. Worst of all is names. I have a hard time remembering names, but I never forget a face.

Last edited:
I remember the girl's names, but nothing about the lockers.
But a little of what was taught in class.

So that's why I have trouble sleeping. I can remember more useless crap than you can imagine.
XXG404 license plate number of my 1971 Dodge Demon that was totaled out in 1973.
UK3035 Dad's truck license plate number, he died in 2003 and the truck was sold then.
Phone numbers, addresses and old numbers from years ago.
But I have to think about what I had for supper last night. Worst of all is names. I have a hard time remembering names, but I never forget a face.
I always say I'm full of useless bits of info - the zipper was invented in 1891 and crisco 1902, but don't ask me anything important. I can't answer those questions to save my life.

Mozzarella was first made from water buffalo's milk in Italy.
True mozzarella cost more, so much of what is sold in the USA is made from common cow milk.
I did not know about the Yaks.
Cucumber is a fruit, so is a squash.
Winter squash do not grow in the winter, it too cold for the plant to live.

Back