Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1600390024509.jpg

Jim

Every week 5 to 15 of us get together for a beer or two. Most are friends from over fifty years 1 or 2 are friends for less than 20 years. Not ally old friends show for the "safety meeting."

We alwaays enjoy seeing them too but haven't doneso in about a year now but do tlk on phone almost everyday.

I have no friends, none! I have relatives I talk to occasionally and that's it. I had 1 and he turned out to be no friend. I sent him word that he is on my shoot on sight list so he wisely stays away.
I'll bet you that if we had a get-together of folks on this forum you'd have some friends. We are mostly "online friends" now, but I can tell you from experience that when you meet the group in person, you will find that you like them for the same reasons you like them online. I have made several great friends that started out as typed words on a monitor screen.

YEP! Brussels Sprouts are great!

Every week 5 to 15 of us get together for a beer or two. Most are friends from over fifty years 1 or 2 are friends for less than 20 years. Not ally old friends show for the "safety meeting."
I have a few good friends, a few more work friends, that I would like to have breakfast once a month. If they will ever retire & hang out with me.
Caribou, I bet a few beers with you would be a blast.

I have a few good friends, a few more work friends, that I would like to have breakfast once a month. If they will ever retire & hang out with me.
Caribou, I bet a few beers with you would be a blast.
They don't allow me a "few" beers. They cut me off after one or two. They know me too well.😜

I have no friends, none! I have relatives I talk to occasionally and that's it. I had 1 and he turned out to be no friend. I sent him word that he is on my shoot on sight list so he wisely stays away.

IMHO "friend" is a very over used term. I know a million people. I have thousands of acquaintances. My friends I could count on one hand and have fingers left over. True friends are few and far between.

YEP! Brussels Sprouts are great!
I love Brussel sprouts too!
I grew the heck out of them one year.
You can keep your squash, zuccini, cucumbers, turnips, radishes and other inedibles as far as I'm concerned.
This is what real food looks like:
44d_large.jpg

Last edited:
Brussel sprouts is on my list fo stuff to figure out how to grow. I love em. Just need a little cayenne pepper akes and some butter.
<Warning, thread derail ahead>
I don't remember them being that hard to grow. Something special about their fertilizer appetite though
Thinking.gif
. I did irrigate nightly with a timer. Can't remember, it was 40 years ago.
Only advice I can offer is, don't plant more than 2 rows of them. You will have your freezer half full of Brussel sprouts. :oops:
I selected them after looking for the most expensive vegetables I had bought that I could grow.
Do not waste your time growing cabbage! You will find yourself working for $2 per hour.
That is a joke!
brickwall100.gif

And I'm back on topic!:p

I have no problem with cabbage usually grow a dozen heads every spring. I want to time out a fall crop for them so I can store some for winter.
Seems like it gets too hot here. Again need to time a fall crop. I would think nutrients would be close to the same for both. Gonna try them in beds next year. Drip line should help too.
See

Latest posts

Back