Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the winner of the EGM award goes to...

(Equus Gluteus Maximus)

Equus Gluteus Maximus a.jpg

True, but during my last trip to Vermont, I learned why the mosquito is the state bird. Those dang things are huge! Reminded me of Maine....

Fortunately, in the northeast, we don't have to worry about much more than the mosquito and the odd rattler. And bears. Not too much to worry about in the venomous insect realm, and tornadoes are scarce. Winter can pose some challenges, but if you've lived here a while you know how to deal with the cold, snow and ice.
The big 'muskeeters' live mostly in the lower, boggy parts of Vermont. The bears are a problem nowadays, because they don't get shot at enough. They still don't like to get yelled at - unless you have a squeaky voice. Not much intimidation in a squeaky voice, I guess. When I got old enough to go deer hunting alone, maybe eleven, I was advised that "Nine times out of ten, the bear will run away when he sees you." There was more advise, some of it even serious, Like "Don't you run, unless you're out of ammo." Nothing about yelling, because there wasn't much bellow in my voice back then (I sang alto in the junior choir).

Latest posts

Back