Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1637984254168.png

At a minor league baseball game 3 young ladies were sitting right behind me. They kept trying to get a "Wave" started in the crowd. The 3 would do a little "wave".

Someone further down saw them and being a SA yelled up - What kind of wave was that?

In exact unison the 3 yelled back "A Micro-Wave!"

It was so funny the way they did it, perfect timing. The whole crowd laughed out loud!!! Even the pitcher and first baseman laughed! (small crowd)

Don't know if anyone else has been to minor league baseball games. I used enjoy the heck out of them. Small crowd, easy parking, no beer or bathroom lines and a cheap ticket price. And sometimes it'd be a great ballgame.

We have a AA team little ways from. Here. We go to games sometimes. Been doin that since I was a kid. Got to see some fine major leaguers before they made it.
Baseball has always been my #1 favorite sport

Sort of strange, helping a coworker I stopped to put a part in a catscan at San Dimas CA. A dozen patients were waiting in the hallway for me to finish. I do remember seeing them. 2 years later with a different company I’m in Buffalo NY. I stop at a hotel bar to meet with a coworker. A young guy at the bar started talking to me. Somehow he knew I worked on CT’s, puzzling…

This kid was now a minor league ball player in Buffalo. 2 years earlier he was the grandson of a patient waiting for me to fix a CT in San Dimas. He recognized me!!! He even described the tool case I carried then. Of course I barely remembered San Dimas (and hoping to see Bill and Ted).

Long story short, for the rest of the season I had tickets in my name at “will call”. He got traded in the off season so the next year I had to buy them... I had a lot of fun there with friends, an afternoon game, hotdogs and a couple beers were great way to spend a summer day in Buffalo.

Last edited:

Fits right in with one of my all time favorites. A wife tells her husband "Go to the grocery store, and get a loaf of bread, and if they have eggs get a dozen." The husband comes home with 12 loaves of bread. The wife says "What the heck is this?" The husband says "They had eggs."

Agreed. I attended the very first game at Sahlen field (formerly Pilot field) way back in 1988. First time my dad and I went to a ball game together.

Ha! I didn't even remember the name of the ball park. I should considering the # times I went there. I serviced the CT at Childrens 10-15 blocks north of the ball field. If I were at a game and got a service call I was there in a couple minutes. I remember the Anchor Bar was right by the hospital, used to get an order of wings when I worked in the evening sometimes. The best food was a little mom n pop greek restaurant by the hospital, roasted lamb, lamb chops... The greeks know how to cook a lamb!

Oh, I knew the Anchor Bar all to well. Was there many times per week. My college was very close and I only lived a block away. Also worked for Millard Fillmore hospital (aka Kalieda) for several years.

Millard Fillmore... wasn't there a theater by that name close by. I saw "Little Feet" at that place, was it "The Fillmore"? I might be mistaken.

I lived in Buffalo twice, separated by a few years. I serviced CT's/Mri's all over the area. Strong Memorial in Rochester, St Joseph's in Batavia, Buffalo VA, Childrens. Our Lady of Comfort? Even down in Silver Lake and Jamestown, half dozen mobile units scattered.

I was looking in a old keepsake box the other night and found this... I lived in Tonawanda and saw lots of shows here... great place for a show. There was an incredible steak house near there, Jannics?.

Merle hagard.jpg

I lived near an MLB team...preferred to go to the minor league team. Same distance drive (different directions)...minor league team was in a safer area, could sit up close, seats were 1/10 the price of MLB seats, beers were 1/3 the price of MLB beers, parking was free, and the baseball was still fun. You can take the entire family without breaking the bank. I honestly preferred that to major league baseball.

Millard Fillmore... wasn't there a theater by that name close by. I saw "Little Feet" at that place, was it "The Fillmore"? I might be mistaken.

I lived in Buffalo twice, separated by a few years. I serviced CT's/Mri's all over the area. Strong Memorial in Rochester, St Joseph's in Batavia, Buffalo VA, Childrens. Our Lady of Comfort? Even down in Silver Lake and Jamestown, half dozen mobile units scattered.

I was looking in a old keepsake box the other night and found this... I lived in Tonawanda and saw lots of shows here... great place for a show. There was an incredible steak house near there, Jannics?.

View attachment 76344
Little Feet! Now I feel old. 5/26/1978 Northern Kentucky University.

Why do I suddenly want Doritos?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back