Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1652283589669.png

When I found the news story about the people waking up with a strange dog it made me laugh... reminded me.

True story and rated G… I was in the military, had duty on base one weekend. I shared a 4-man bunkroom with 3 other guys. That night I went to bed early. This was the military so I was used to people coming and going at all hours, day or night. I could sleep through just about anything and a barracks full of sailors is a noisy place.

But early that morning someone woke me climbing into my bunk, it was a young woman. She passed out immediately, I couldn’t wake her… What the heck? :dunno:

She looked nice, well dressed, like a young lady who’d been out on the town (an hour to long :rolleyes:). And this was by no means the strangest thing I’d seen in a barracks. Since there was nothing else I could do... I just rolled over and went back to sleep. At least she wasn’t a blanket hog. 🤣

Poor girl, she was more than a bit embarrassed the next morning, lolol. What’s the word? Mortified? Turns out I lived on the 2nd floor and her soon to be ex-boyfriend lived above me on the 3rd floor. She clearly wasn’t military, if I’d called the night watch they’d have called the MP’s who’d would have taken her to the cops. She’d have spent the night in jail. I was pretty sure she was a squids girlfriend, couldn’t do that to a shipmate. She had a stamp from the club on base on her hand. She couldn’t have gotten on base without someone signing.

Poor guy! I felt bad for him, everyone at an entire naval command knew about it by noon! He got jokes for weeks like “Hey Dave, I hear your girl sleeps around!” you can imagine the rest! I heard he dumped the poor girl. He couldn’t deal with the chatter despite the fact she didn’t “sleep” with me.

Like I said, G rated, I was a perfect gentleman, albeit a sleepy one. I could sleep like a rock in those days… and nothing surprised me!

It's a crazy world! 🤣

You are fortunate that your baby hasn't arrived yet. It is not anyone's business why you would need formula, but breast feeding is still on the table with all of its attendant complications.

Those caught after the fact, don't even have that option. If you are worried, buy a goat and two years worth of feed. Dress it in a doll costume and buy it a crib if you can't legally keep one. It can be the ugly twin. Babies need to eat.

You are fortunate that your baby hasn't arrived yet. It is not anyone's business why you would need formula, but breast feeding is still on the table with all of its attendant complications.

Those caught after the fact, don't even have that option. If you are worried, buy a goat and two years worth of feed. Dress it in a doll costume and buy it a crib if you can't legally keep one. It can be the ugly twin. Babies need to eat.
I won’t hijack the thread. But we do have a few options as far as that goes. Not something to go in detail on the old inter webs. Actually just picked up two milk goats two weeks ago haha

Latest posts

Back