Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "20's" doesn't start until 2021.
Where did you get that from? Does this mean that someone born in 1950 was born "in the 40's?" I would counter that the 20's starts when the leading digit is a 2, not when the trailing digit is a 1.

Counting goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 then 11; not 0, 1, … just saying...
Counting has always started at 0 for me. Just like daily time starts at 0000 ("zero hundred hours") and goes to 2359. But then, I'm an engineer/computer programmer.

So you're saying twenty twenty is not really a twenty?
iu

I have no doubt there are some who believe this. SAD

View attachment 32122

This must be the same girl who called into the radio station criticizing the "Deer Crossing" signs. She was a serious as a heart attack. " How do the deer know they are supposed to cross there? I mean, can they read? " It was both hilarious and painful to listen. You wonder who ties her shoes for her in the morning.

The hidden funny that makes that meme so hilarious is that the battery, a 24-DLG, is a battery from Auto Zone not walmart.
They will install any battery they sell, for free.

Where did you get that from? Does this mean that someone born in 1950 was born "in the 40's?" I would counter that the 20's starts when the leading digit is a 2, not when the trailing digit is a 1.

Counting has always started at 0 for me. Just like daily time starts at 0000 ("zero hundred hours") and goes to 2359. But then, I'm an engineer/computer programmer.

I shouldn't even validate and invalid argument. Counting does start with "1" (one), it's also in the first grade arithmetic book (you never read it did you?).

And yes, born in 1950 is still the 1940's like you really had to ask. (One of these days Alice...)

Why do people call the Hyundai (pronounced Hyoon Die) a Honday? I'm so glad it's New Year's Eve, I am going to have some Jim Beam Peach and Jim Beam honey and Jim Beam Maple and...

I shouldn't even validate and invalid argument.
Apparently you don't take well to people with different opinions or life experiences than yours.

...it's also in the first grade arithmetic book (you never read it did you?).
Funny enough, you are possibly correct. I probably didn't need to (but I can't remember that far back to be certain). I was always two to three years ahead of grade level in math in primary school. Perfect score in math on college entrance exams. Many years of high level math in college. I actually wanted to major in math, but chose engineering instead because a degree in mathematics mostly leads to teaching - and I had no interest in that.

And yes, born in 1950 is still the 1940's like you really had to ask. (One of these days Alice...)
I didn't ask because I didn't know the answer. I asked as a rhetorical question. I actually did try to Google to see if there is any precedent for what you claim. 1950 is considered to be "in the 40's". I found exactly zero support for that. However, I did find much support for 1950 being in the 50's. Here are a few random examples of what I found when querying what was considered to be "in the 40's":
http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1940s.html
https://1940s.org/history/1940s-timeline
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1940s
Not a mention of 1950 in any article that I found. Of course none of these are authoritative sources. But maybe you could provide just one link that supports your claim? I couldn't find any.

so 2020 is called two thousand twenty-teen?

Its like eleven-teen. My oldest used to say eight, nine, ten, eleventeen, twelve, thirteen.... It took all of kindergarten and part of the summer to get her to say eleven.:LOL:

I shouldn't even validate and invalid argument. Counting does start with "1" (one), it's also in the first grade arithmetic book (you never read it did you?).

No need for the attitude. I called my neighbor and in her first graders book the number "count and trace" pages starts with 0. The number charts on the walls in the public schools start with 0.

Want jokes and humor? You should see me trying to teach my niece, mom and dad military time to keep up with who got which medicine when! Now that's a laugh! No one writes am or pm in the log book when someone got a pill. Everyone else is supposed to guess.

Yet military time is too complicated... :rolleyes:

I ask... can you count to 24? I get dirty looks and "Don't be a smart A$$"o_O I'd be happy with eleventeen if it led to twenty four!;)

Fin417-Business-Analyst-in-the-Military.jpg

For those who don't know... there is 1 hour and 32 minutes between 1955hrs and 2127hrs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back