Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1587911678624.jpg

Jim

Okay, some drivers nap during loading/unloading and get complacent. They don't or never check with the dock staff and fail on professional interpersonal skills.

I want to know the story of the sign that says, "drivers will be clothed when exiting their trucks."

Every now and then my knee acts up from an old injury. The dreaded "Marriott Bed Injury". You know, when you turn over in the hotel bed and those sheets are so d*&^! tight that they trap your foot and you end up twisting your knee. It can take decades to heal up from a grievous injury like that.

Speaking of Marriott’s… True story, I was transferred 2500 miles across country to CA. I was there only 2 days but managed to open a bank account and rent an apartment, no power, phone… I then had to drive to Houston to do a 3-month job, install a catscan & open a clinic.

This was the last year the Oilers played in Houston before moving to Nashville. Several Oiler football players kept rooms at my hotel during the season. One of them had the same first and last name as me, middle initial was different… I was trying to get my apartment utilities turned on in CA from 2000 miles away. The clinic didn’t have sheetrock on the walls, much less a phone so all my communications with my boss was through the hotel, ordering parts, everything. Mail, messages and faxes were a complete mess with two different people named Sam Jones at the hotel.

It had been 25 non-stop days since the move started. In Houston I worked 11 straight 15hr days before I finally got a day off to relax. I was going to sleep in, order room service…

The morning I was going to sleep in… of course I went out the night before and had a few drinks. I slept like a rock.

At 6:45am my phone rang…

Them – Sam?

Me – yeah? (through a fog)

Them – This is Coach Smith. I want you to come by my office before practice.

ME - I'm not coming to @#$%^&*($##2548!!!!! PRACTICE...

I used up the vocabulary I learned as a sailor and then some before I threw the phone across the room. (I was badly overworked and completely stressed out...)

That evening around supper time the Marriott always had a weeknight buffet. By that time every Oiler player at the hotel had heard what I’d said to Coach Smith that morning. They were teasing me… saying I had gotten the other Sam Jones traded to Minnesota! Said he was looking for me! Going to kick my butt!

Of course he wasn’t looking for me. The trade to Minnesota had been in the works for some time. Turns out everyone had a big laugh about it including Coach Smith! The other Sam Jones was in the same boat as I… trying to rent an apartment in MN. etc.

Things don't always go smoothly, even at really nice hotels!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back